the handicapped

verbatim

Re: the handicapped

Post by verbatim » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 am

Hi All,
I'm verbatim a newbie here. First of all I would like to ask to be excused for my grammar because I admit that this is my second language.
I would like to share my view about those with handicapped that were given to sons of men to exercise Eccl 3:10 on how would one accept the travail without blaming God.

It was explained by Jesus in John 9:1-3 that neither the child which was born blind nor his/her parents sinned but the works of God should be manifest in him.

The parents of the child were the ones being put to trial on how they will respond their obligation to the child and how they react to the travail that God place in front of them.

More care and compassion and love are needed to be given as a treat to them to pleased our Lord Jesus Christ

Matthew 25:34-40 Verily I say unto you in as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

About the handicapped, they shall be blessed by Father and they will inherit the kingdom prepared for them.

In love of Christ.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

psimmond

Post by psimmond » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:44 am

verbatim,
Thanks for taking the time to add such a thoughtful post, especially in a second language!

I take comfort in knowing that God is always good and He is always just. I don't believe anyone will go to hell because they didn't hear the gospel or because they lacked the capacity to understand it. I believe that all who will be in hell will be there because they rejected God's grace. I also believe in an age of accountability. My 1 yr. old sister died when a car ran her over in our driveway. I know that at this age she was unable to reject God's grace. My hope and belief is that I'll see her again in God's kingdom, but even if I don't, I'll bet everything I have that she'll never experience hell.

With regard to the 8-year-old girl...wow...so incredibly sad....I have a 9-year-old son; something like that would be so hard.

It seems God could have created a world where the parents would have chosen to fasten the key to a bracelet around their daughter's hand. And it seems He could have created a world where Hitler never would have existed. And it seems He could have created a world where my sister would not have gone out through the open door and into the driveway. Nevertheless, I believe He created this world knowing full well the tragedies, suffering, and evil actions that would take place, because this world was the best feasible world He could create without stripping humans of their freedom to make both good and bad choices.

I'm willing to modify or discard my beliefs if I learn that they are not true, but I will say that my current beliefs give me great, great comfort.
Let me boldly state the obvious. If you are not sure whether you heard directly from God, you didn’t.
~Garry Friesen

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:06 am

Thank you for your reply, p.

I agree with all you wrote. Though I think a Christian can hold to all you wrote and not be in particular a Universalist, Calvinist, Molinist or Arminianist. I`ve become content not to know for sure either way.

Return to “General Questions”