Looking for church

bsteele

Looking for church

Post by bsteele » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 am

Hello,

I just wondered if anyone lives in the Albany/Corvallis, Oregon area and can recommend a good church?

Thank you!

Paul

Re: Looking for church

Post by Paul » Mon May 25, 2009 9:25 pm

I live in the same area. I have been looking for a church for quite a while and have started to regularly attend the Calvary Chapel in Corvallis. I don't think that is how church was originally designed, but I also think church is about people. So, you go to where the people are.

bsteele

Post by bsteele » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:20 am

Thank you for your reply. I have attended Calvary Chapel, and I like the verse-by-verse venue, but I was hoping to find a fellowship that does not believe in dispensationalism. Do you know of one?

Thanks again.

Barbara

Danny

Post by Danny » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Barbara,

I know that there is a Vineyard in Albany. I've never been to it, but the Vineyard folks are usually a pretty good bunch.
http://www.vcfalbany.org/
My blog: http://dannycoleman.blogspot.com

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read’st black where I read white.”
-- William Blake

bsteele

Post by bsteele » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:01 am

Thank you for the reply. I might be moving to the Portland area, so I will resume my search there.

Thanks again,

Barbara

selah

Post by selah » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:49 pm

bsteele wrote:Hello,

I just wondered if anyone lives in the Albany/Corvallis, Oregon area and can recommend a good church?

Thank you!
I agree with Danny about the Albany Vineyard. I have particularly been blessed by worship and prayer there with the Lord and praying brothers and sisters.

There is also a family home fellowship in this area. Although there are a variety of theological perspectives represented among us, we still love each other. :D

If interested, I'll see what I can do to connect you. The sisters and daughters are meeting tomorrow in Independence, and since that is probably too soon for you, maybe you could (if you're a sister ;) ) come next time. The brothers meet on Tuesday mornings, I think, but I'm not sure where. The whole body usually gets together on weekends in homes in either North Albany, Corvallis, Salem or Independence...

Welcome to the family :)
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

anochria

Post by anochria » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:15 am

Thank you for the reply. I might be moving to the Portland area, so I will resume my search there.
If you do move, you're welcome to visit Aletheia Christian Fellowship any time :)

http://www.aletheiacf.org
Pastor Josh Coles, Aletheia Christian Fellowship
Visit the Aletheia Discussion Forums

Return to “General Questions”