Denominational Flavors??

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Mon May 08, 2006 3:19 am

I'm on staff at the church I grew up in. A Wesleyan Church.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_schoel

Post by _schoel » Mon May 08, 2006 8:49 am

Although we don't agree with all of the movement's distinctives, my family and I are attending a local Calvary Chapel. We feel God has called us to serve His people in this local part of the body and we don't want to let these secondary issues prevent us from doing that.
Reason:

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Mon May 08, 2006 9:24 am

Independent Christian Church. Part of "Restoration Movement" but we are independent with a big "I". Congregation is composed of a bunch of mongrels. :)
Reason:
A Berean

_AARONDISNEY

Re: Vineyard

Post by _AARONDISNEY » Mon May 08, 2006 10:48 am

Mort_Coyle wrote:
What exactly are their beliefs? I don't think there's alot of those churches around my area.
Here you go Aaron:
http://www.vineyardusa.org/upload/State ... 0Faith.pdf
Looks pretty good to me. My Church is different in doctrine on a few minors but basically very similar...........
* In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
* In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
* That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
* That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
* That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
* In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
* Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
* In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
* In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
* In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
* Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
* In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
* In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
* In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
Reason:

_SamIam

Post by _SamIam » Mon May 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Homer,

I must be one of the mongrels. I understand they make for good dogs.
Reason:

_glow

Post by _glow » Mon May 08, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi

I am attending a Christian Independant church in Wi. It is called westbrook Chruch, it is now one of three. Elmbrook (the first started by stewart Briscoe and His wife Jill from England) and Northbook and Eastbrook. The teaching is basic, solid bible based. I myself have been struggling there the last year or so since Westbrook has built on a huge addition that costs tons of money.Very opulent with alot of media expenses etc. It is located in a fairly wealthy neighborhood. I know some of the expense they have put out , is because they are trying to pull in more "unsaved" rich folks in the surrounding area. But the teaching is solid and good and I have known the pastor for over 12 years now.If it wasn't for the teaching that is so great and knowing some folks there for 10 yrs.I might have moved on by now. I am looking too though...I am still trying to help out or serve when I can in the community but that is getting a little over whelming with the size of the place too

.I went to an Alliance church before that( liked it basic premise) and when in Mi. I started out in Rochester church.They believed in the gifts of the spirit such as tongues, which I speak and had place for it in their services and interprutation. A great and humble pastor but unfortunately they got involved heavily in the Sheparding movement in the early 80s with Bob Mumford, Derek Prince and others. It seemed like a cult and hurt many people.

But God is faithful and does heal. The church eventually was blown apart by the Holy Spirit in my mind. people moved on.... Glow
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Wed May 10, 2006 8:11 am

Right now I go to the same "church" djeaton goes to...the one with Casting Crowns leading worship and Steve Gregg preaching. I live within walking distance of a Calvary Chapel, so sometimes I go there. Some of my students go there and it's nice for them to see me there. I think. (?)
I wish I could be a part of a home church.
Reason:

_glow

church

Post by _glow » Wed May 10, 2006 9:19 am

I am also very interested in home churches. Of you that go to them, what are your experiences? Michelle, glad to see you back and safe flights. Glow
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Wed May 10, 2006 12:47 pm

I would like to know how you find out about home churches.

Glow, thanks. God is good and I had a wonderful time.
Reason:

_glow

church

Post by _glow » Wed May 10, 2006 12:59 pm

Michelle This is one site I have followewd for a while. Glow

http://www.house2house.net/
Reason:

Return to “General Questions”