Just Received a Prophecy

_anothersteve

Post by _anothersteve » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:50 pm

Swiftelk,

May I first say that I'm sorry you had to go through the situation with that church. A couple of years into my Christian walk I ended up in a "mentoring" situation that turned my thinking into knots as well. It somewhat paralyzed me in my Christian life. My "mentor" created a vast array of hoops to jump through. It was the worst experience of my life...period. I can understand to a degree what your going through. I pray that God will help you through.
I have been coming away from this mentality for the last couple years and I guess am alittle bit confused still on the balance.
I don't say this as a prophecy but I'm pretty certain that Jesus understands your plight completely. He's fully aware of all the jargon you've been fed and your desire to sift through it all. I pray that at the end you'll see nothing but Christ and know that you are his forever. May you find this rest in him.

Praying for you brother
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Avatar...My daughter and I standing on a glass floor. well over 1000 feet above ground at the CN Tower in Toronto...the tiny green dots beside my left foot are trees.

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:16 am

Swiftelk,

I think you will be way ahead if you let God speak to you about these matters by reading and meditating on God's word accompanied with prayer.

Sometimes these "prophetic" words come from folks who have a high opinion of their mental impressions. Not too long ago we had an interim pastor for several months who is a retired Nazareen minister. He said when he was young minister, a woman came up to him and said God told her that he was to go to Africa. When he and his wife got home, he told her "don't worry, if God wants me to go to Africa, He will tell me, He isn't a gossip"! Point well taken.
Reason:
A Berean

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:04 pm

As a woman I had another lady "mentor" me..Well, she thought she would
for a season...Another Steve, I totally agree with your post. She added
confusion to why I have not been healed and I can only say I am thankful
she is no longer part of my life.....God leads in the path of peace and
through many years he speaks to me through his word, and, at times
has spoken to me by his Holy Spirit...OF which confirms the word.
Reason:

_anothersteve

Post by _anothersteve » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:33 pm

As a woman I had another lady "mentor" me..Well, she thought she would for a season...Another Steve, I totally agree with your post. She added confusion to why I have not been healed and I can only say I am thankful she is no longer part of my life
Thanks for sharing that MLH. I'm glad you let me know that I'm not the only one. It sounded like a very discouraging situation for yourself.

Are there any remnants of her influence that still remain in your mind even today? I know one question I had is "Why would God even let me meet someone like this?". Over time I see how it likely refined me in many ways but I still have questions.
Reason:
Avatar...My daughter and I standing on a glass floor. well over 1000 feet above ground at the CN Tower in Toronto...the tiny green dots beside my left foot are trees.

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:07 pm

Hello, Another Steve,

No, she has no affect on my life at all. She did for a season...I began to question why God have I not rec'd healing? Is it that I lack faith? Fail to "claim" your promises? Am I speaking defeating words? Am I in
unbelief? Am I good enough to be saved? Afterall, she appeared to
walk in much more victory than I...

I would love to hear your story! Sounds like you've walked the path..

Relinquishment seems to be the term used now...Although, I do pray for my health daily. I do believe God can heal me at any given moment.

thank you,
Reason:

_anothersteve

Post by _anothersteve » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:28 pm

No, she has no affect on my life at all. She did for a season
I'm glad to hear that!
I began to question why God have I not rec'd healing? Is it that I lack faith? Fail to "claim" your promises? Am I speaking defeating words? Am I in
unbelief? Am I good enough to be saved?
Amongst many other damaging teachings, my "mentor" introduced me to this wacky one as well.
I would love to hear your story! Sounds like you've walked the path..
I guess you could say I have "walked the path". It would take a long stay at a coffee shop together to explain it all.
Relinquishment seems to be the term used now...Although, I do pray for my health daily. I do believe God can heal me at any given moment.
As I'm sure you're aware, faith has two aspects. First, that God can and/or will do something. Second, a childlike trust in God's wisdom, no matter what our circumstances are. I think the second is often overlooked.
Reason:

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:16 am

Another Steve,

Thank you for your post. I am very aware that my writing skills lack.

Anyway, I agree with you but after her bold teachings I couldn't
help but continually question her statements if even in my own mind.
I still pray for myself and the Lord has definitely touched me both
physically and emotionally. He has also taught me alot and used
this affliction for drawing me closer to himself.

God Bless you as you journey through this life.
Remembering that we are only passing thru..Hallelujah
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 pm

MLH wrote:
I am very aware that my writing skills lack.
MLH- you seem to think that somewhere in Steve's post he was correcting your grammar. I read steve's last post about 5 times and I dont see it. i am almost positive he made no statement or correction about grammar.

if you didnt mean this, never mind.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:54 pm

I am very sorry you misunderstood me...I hope another Steve didnt.
I am very shy of my english grammer...I was apologizing because
I dont have the great grammer the rest of you do!

thank you!
Reason:

_anothersteve

Post by _anothersteve » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi MLH,

I've never noticed any grammar issues, which means you must be making yourself clear.

It can be easy to misunderstand each other on a forum. When you're in the same room you can hear the tone of voice etc... A person can also quickly clarify themselves if something isn't clear or misunderstood.

I've noticed that most people here understand the shortcomings of forum discussions. As a result, I appreciate the benefit of doubt, patience and understanding I see on this forum.
Reason:

Return to “General Questions”