I have a Question.....

_IlovetheLord

I have a Question.....

Post by _IlovetheLord » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:33 pm

I'm not sure how to put this question or scenario.

Why is it that people will seem to throw out all the events leading up to a situation when someone(s) are the victim in the situation?

For instance a girl is raped. Yes it is a terrible thing and the perpetrator should be sent to jail. Do the events leading up to this happening to her matter at all? I mean there are instances where the girl is so drunk that she passes out and her recollection of what went on is very little to none existant?

Basically what I'm saying is that if I or you are a victim is any given situation should people just blow off any thing that led me to be in the situation in the first place?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Glad to be IN Christ,

Richad

_glow

Post by _glow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:33 pm

I was in a situation like that in the past. I know myself before I was saved, I felt like I was still responsible somewhat for what went on but didn't persue it much. Kind of like if you don't deal with it it will go away.I since have forgiven folks through the Lord and asked for forgiveness for any foolish or naive wrong doing in it.

Now as a Christian I think it depends on how envolved you are in the situation and if folks have reached out to you to be envolved in it.If you need to forgive people you do it asap. Or if you feel strongly convicted by the Holy Spiriit to be envolved and doors are open to you to help etc.be envolved. We can always pray.

Ultimately whether victum or perpetrator our responsibilities in anything Lie between us and God number one.We can't be responsible for others either in the end. They have their own personal relationship with the Lord and we don't want to get in the way of that either. Our father is our ultimate judge and benefactor( put very simply) in perfection.

We are to walk in love, be forgiving and reach out when we can through our Lord.Thats my "opinion" anyways. I don't know if it helped with your quandry. keep praying for quidance, I will pray for you... Glow
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “General Questions”