Help with the hank hanegraaff Legacy Bible...

_Blev

Help with the hank hanegraaff Legacy Bible...

Post by _Blev » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 pm

I have been looking for a good study bible put out by a non dispensationalist, and the only one that I have heard of so far, is the the Legacy Bible put out by Hank Hanegraaff. Any thoughts?

A second question that I have, is that I listen to the Hank Hanegraff show (how I found out about this show) in my area about every night. Most of the time I agree with him, but a lot of the times I just don't understand what he said, in response to a question.

My second question is; A guy called in and asked about people that were born and raised in an area of the world that had never heard about Jesus, or the Word of God. Would they be saved or not?

Hank didn't give a clear answer. He gave an answer that still didn't answer the question. He brought up Paul saying (quote not direct) , that every person is put on the Eath in a designated place and time, with the ability to know God and seek him out, though he is not far away. Everyone has an internal stamp on his heart of God, and an external stamp with the knowledge of God.

This still didn't answer the question to the guy that called in or me. The guy that called in told Hank that he still didn't understand the answer (and after listening to the show, Hank seems to get mad or even condescending if people question his answer. After questioning the answer, the guy was cut off, which Hank said, due to techincal difficulties (which I have to question) Hank babbled on about the same stuff he was talking about, but still didn't answer the question directly. Any answer to this question? Thanks, Blev.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_JC

Post by _JC » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:27 pm

Blev, I can't help you on the first question but I'll attempt to tackle the second. The reason Hank didn't give a solid answer to this question is because the scriptures simply don't address the issue as clearly as we'd like. Hank often gets irritated by callers who question his views and that's why I stopped listening to him.

Paul says in Romans 5 that where there is no law, there is no sin. He also says in Acts 17 (the verse Hank was probably quoting) that God overlooks sin in times of ignorance. Paul says in that same discourse that God determined the time and place that each person would live so they would reach out to him.

You can probably grasp already why this is a difficult question to answer. Paul gives a very unorthodox answer and one that many Christians (for whatever reason) are not comfortable with. Namely, that God overlooks sin when people don't know what sin is or how to repent. The question then is whether or not the blood of Christ covers the sins of people who've never heard of Jesus or had a chance to repent. I believe the answer is "yes." In this way, Jesus is still the only way to the Father because he paid for them, without them even knowing it. However, at the judgement, every man will be judged according to his works and those who've never followed Christ will have to forfeit many rewards.
Reason:

_Blev

Post by _Blev » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply. Blev
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:00 pm

Blev, Hank has said we are judged by the amount of light given but IMHO there is nothing in scripture that prevents a person from being saved through the lake of fire . (Rev 22.17)
I found out about Steve G through Hank's show but over time i found Hank to keep repeating the same montras and doctrines rather then earnestly searching the bible. At least that's how it seemed to me.
Reason:

Return to “General Questions”