The Golden Rule in 8 Religions

Paidion

The Golden Rule in 8 Religions

Post by Paidion » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:14 pm

THE GOLDEN RULE IN 8 RELIGIONS

Christianity
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)

Confucianism
Do not do to others what you would not like yourself. Then there will be no resentment against you, either in the family or in the state. (Analects 12:2)

Buddhism
Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful. (Udana-Varga 5,1)

Hinduism
This is the sum of duty; do nothing to others what you would not have them do to you. (Mahabharata 5,1517)

Islam
No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself. (Sunnah)

Judaism
What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman. This is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary. (Talmud, Shabbat 3id)

Taoism
Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss.(Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien)

Zoroastrianism
That nature alone is good which refrains from doing another whatever is not good for itself. (Dadisten-I-dinik, 94,5)
Last edited by Paidion on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Re: The Golden Rule in 8 Relgions

Post by darinhouston » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:44 pm

Humor me with a little Aggie lore:

Governor (of Texas) Coke's advice to the students (of Texas A&M)...

"Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star with your superiors, your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole, stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor."

Return to “Miscellaneous”