Literally 6 Days

Paidion

Re: Literally 6 Days

Post by Paidion » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm not arguing for either side of this debate, but I'm just wondering:

TK, in your opinion, how long would it take the craters on the moon to form from natural causes? I presume those causes to be objects from space—meteorites or meteoroids falling to the moon's surface. Is that correct?

Many fall toward earth,too, but most of them burn up in the earth's atmosphere, being seen as meteors flashing across the sky. But the surface of the moon (since the moon has no atmosphere) is being struck by these objects MUCH more frequently.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

TK

Post by TK » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 am

I’m not sure how long, but more than 6000 years. I don’t recall hearing about a major meteor strike in the moon in my lifetime but it may have happened.

Here’s NASA’s explanation: https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/craters/en/

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 pm

The Cassini spacecraft that went to and crash landed (as planned) on Saturn gave several indications that our solar system is not that old. Saturn has a powerful magnetic field, but magnetic fields lose their power over time. Evolutionists suggested that Saturn's magnetic field is maintained by an internal dynamo (like a chemical imbalance in a battery). But the direction of the magnetic field showed Saturn doesn't have a dynamo. This apparently means the planet can't be billions of years old. In fact all of the outer planets are more dynamic or give off more heat than is possible in an ancient, run-down solar system.
So maybe God miraculously gives those things the appearance of youth! ;)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:37 am

Singalphile,

You're probably right. Maybe God miraculously gives those things the appearance of youth to deceive us into thinking that the earth is actually as young as the genealogies and the literal interpretation of Genesis one tell us it is.

TK

Post by TK » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:22 am

This apparently means the planet can't be billions of years old.
That's a HUGE "apparently."

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:48 pm

TK wrote:
This apparently means the planet can't be billions of years old.
That's a HUGE "apparently."
Dwight: No more HUGE than the "apparently" used in the following statement in the Scientific American article you asked us to read:

"APPARENTLY our galaxy started making open clusters soon after it settled down to its present size and continues making them even today."

TK

Post by TK » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Touché.

Return to “Miscellaneous”