My pastor is a Freemason

Paidion

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Paidion » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Isn't the answer to Jepne's first question "Yes"?

I'm sure Jepne will answer your question for herself, but I, too, think any Christian should get out from under the ministry of a Masonic pastor. In my opinion, as long as he remains a Mason, their is spiritual danger, even if he doesn't presently teach the congregation the principles of Freemasonry. The influence may be subtle at the present time, but it's there.

Just suppose for a moment that there is demonic activity among Freemasons. Wouldn't getting one of their men in the position of pastor be one of the best ways to influence Christians for their cause?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

brody196

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by brody196 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Isn't the answer to Jepne's first question "Yes"?
Yes! Thanks for pointing that out, I have fixed it now.
I'm sure Jepne will answer your question for herself, but I, too, think any Christian should get out from under the ministry of a Masonic pastor. In my opinion, as long as he remains a Mason, their is spiritual danger, even if he doesn't presently teach the congregation the principles of Freemasonry. The influence may be subtle at the present time, but it's there.

Just suppose for a moment that there is demonic activity among Freemasons. Wouldn't getting one of their men in the position of pastor be one of the best ways to influence Christians for their cause?
What if he is in ignorance concerning the real truth behind freemasonry? You're probably not aware, but freemasonry is big amongst many of the old timers here in the south and I would be very surprised to find out that these men have knowingly bowed before a pagan god.

Please don't misunderstand me, I agree that masonry is not compatible with Christianity, but at the same time, I find it hard to believe that the pastor at my church is trying to secretly bring in masonic teachings...

Paidion

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Paidion » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:08 am

Okay, Brody. You know him better than I do (which is not at all).
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Singalphile

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Singalphile » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:01 am

Any news? My view from earlier in the thread was that it's a great opportunity to learn first-hand (well, second-hand) if the stuff you've read has any truth to it, not confrontational, just seeking information about it from a Christian friend who knows more about it than you.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

morbo3000

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by morbo3000 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 pm

I'd love to hear more as well.

I'm learning more and more that there are real people behind all the stuff that we are afraid of. I have a friend who is a Jehovah's Witness, and without having a doctrinal conversation, from her spirit, I know that she is a believer in Jesus. When I listen to her, and respect her differences, I'm able to hear things that are very familiar to me about my own path. On the other side, as a substitute teacher, this last week I heard some teens complain about a teacher that he was "so mormony!" I asked what they meant. They are mormon teens. They didn't like the expectation that they should be the same "in season and out of season" so to speak. They wanted their faith to stay in the seminary, and not be expected to have integrity in everyday life. I asked some questions to ferret that out of them, and that was exactly what they meant. Pretty typical teen behavior, but a crack in the armor of what we think monolithic mormonism is.

I'm sure that there is more to this story than the conspiracy theory/satanic cult angle that fundamentalist books have taught. I'm certain that there is tons of stuff that's wrong, and even detrimental. But I'm also certain that a lot of people just do stuff without thinking much (a lot of Christians in our churches... me even..).

So, I'd love to hear the insider poop.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Paidion

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Paidion » Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm

In my opinion, comparing Mormons with Masons would be analagous to comparing children with members of the MENSA society.
Paidion

Michelle

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Michelle » Sat May 04, 2013 8:24 am

Paidion wrote:In my opinion, comparing Mormons with Masons would be analagous to comparing children with members of the MENSA society.
So...only the most exceptional Mormons become Masons??

Paidion

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Paidion » Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 pm

So...only the most exceptional Mormons become Masons??
I guess so—though I was thinking in general terms.

Also, I think (perhaps incorrectly) that it would be against the principles of Mormonism to become members of a Masonic lodge.
Paidion

Michelle

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by Michelle » Sat May 04, 2013 1:47 pm

I think there is a long and confusing relationship between Mormons and Freemasons. It would be better if one of the members here who has more insight into the LDS (or is one) could expound on that relationship.

MMathis

My pastor is a Freemason

Post by MMathis » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 am

There is a book titled Exploring the Connection Between Mormons and Masons. It sounds as if Joseph Smith joined the Masons to learn how to deal with having Temple ceremonies and giving certain people access to temples. Masons claim their roots to the stone cutters/masons that built Solomon's Temple. So somewhere in there Joseph Smith decided that since the Mormons are maybe the lost tribes of Israel, the Masons had actually copied everything from the Mormons. The first five leaders (prophets) of the Mormon church were Freemasons. All of this I found on LDSLiving website.

I know this is an old thread but....
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Miscellaneous”