Psalm 24 time lapse

christopher

Re: Psalm 24 time lapse

Post by christopher » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi Ian,
Sorry, I know none of this has to do with the Bible!
Don't apologize. Sometimes capturing that which shows forth God's handywork is just as inspiring as scripture. Sometimes more so. Much scripture itself has been inspired by creation. I say keep expressing what God has put in your heart to express, and let Him worry about the number of "hits".

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 am

thank you Michelle.

Good advice Christopher.

Jill

Post by Jill » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joan

Post by Joan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:38 am

Ian, This takes my breath away. As soon as I can figure out how to do it, I want to link Psalm 24 to my FB page to share with family & friends. Thanks for sharing it. Joan
Last edited by Joan on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joan

Post by Joan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:31 am

The first time I listened, it was without sound (speakers were off). Second time, with sound, but I found the soundtrack distracting. I like the silent version better. Maybe because there is something about the vast majesty of the starlit nights and mountaintops that seems to almost command silence? It's posted to my webpage now. Thanks again, Ian!

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 am

Just seen your posts, Joan. Thank you. Glad you found the mute button advantageous! Yes, the silence in the mountains is not something we`re used to down here in the plains. I`m not too fond of the sound of an avalanche though.....

Ian

Post by Ian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:08 am

Hi Ian
penny`s dropped. Thank you too Jill!

Joan

Post by Joan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am

Ian wrote:Just seen your posts, Joan. Thank you. Glad you found the mute button advantageous! Yes, the silence in the mountains is not something we`re used to down here in the plains. I`m not too fond of the sound of an avalanche though.....
Hi Ian, I just found your response to my response, but I'm with you on not being overly fond of the sound of an avalanche. I talked with someone who survived one in Alaska by running sideways. Running may not be the correct word for it; I get the idea it was something akin to swimming sideways to escape the pull of a riptide, only colder and with chunks.

I'm always looking for ways to share the gospel with my extended family members, and recently joined Facebook for the purpose of building relationships and watching for opportunities to share the Lord with various family members. I posted Psalm 24 as soon as I found it. I don't think any unbelievers responded, but I trust a few of them had a look, and the Lord's word will not return to Him void. Let it stew in the backgrounds of their minds, Lord!!

Ian, What would you think about working on passages that lead up to and present the Gospel? John 1:1-17 (or maybe portions of it with some dots "..." between), John 10:11-16, Jn 14:1-6, and Psalm 32 come to mind as possibilities. Or how about a series, The Gospel according to Luke (or Matthew or Luke or John - or even the Psalms!) in "bite-size" videos? Just an idea. I realize it would be a huge undertaking, and it's always so much easier to think of projects :D for someone other than myself...

Smiling, Joan

Ian

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Joan

I`ve just seen your message after a time away from the computer.

Whatever I do - OT or NT chapters/books or even poignant quotes from Christians - I`d thought of that too - thank you for your enthusiasm and suggestions!
Based where I am and with the opportunities I have, I`ll need a kick for not producing regular work of similar ilk. Psalm 104 up next - though there aren`t any wild lions to photograph here where I live (verse 21)!

Joan

Post by Joan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Ian,
That's great news. With or without lions, I'll look forward to Psalm 104.
(Got any zoos nearby?)
Best wishes!
Joan

Return to “Miscellaneous”