Experiences and knowledge

RV

Re: Experiences and knowledge

Post by RV » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 am

Isaacj wrote:To me, an issue like this is essential to be right on and unmistakable to the honest student of scripture. Some other topics of scripture I think we need to have an extra amount of patient humility with how we approach (and don't be too hasty to assume we've found the answer.) Things like eschatology, prophecy-fulfilments, calvinism/arminianism and such. Giants of our faith have found themselves landing on different positions of these deep topics for so long and I think that should temper us from jumping to conclusions too quickly on them (even though I believe there is only one truth about them.) Other things, like applying Jesus' teachings to our life, have been a steady conclusion by God's people. Obviously, if we say 'I believe God showed me the truth on this' and scripture later proves us wrong, it's best to call it what it was -a wrong conclusion on our part.
I too believe that.

The other thing I've noticed; it seems that where your beliefs lie, there follows your experiences.

Example (and I'm not picking on you steve 7150, it's just that many would doubt this):
steve7150 wrote:Once not long ago i had an encounter with an angel , a tall older lady in a green dress who was in a post office parking lot. She asked for help with something flashing on her dashboard which was an oxygen sensor light warning, and something i would never know had i not had the same problem a few weeks earlier. I walked to my car a few feet away , turned around and her and the car were gone. It was not possible in the physical world for her and the car to dissapear in a few seconds. She did'nt give me any prophecy or revelation, just took up my time but perhaps i was saved from a bad incident.
Has anyone noticed this as well? That where someone's beliefs lie, their experiences usually follow?

IsaacJ

Re: Experiences and knowledge

Post by IsaacJ » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:42 pm

I don't know RV, but it is an interesting thought when we know that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Heb.11:6). I also think often about how it's the pure in heart that see God. When we're unmixed (pure) in our desires and motives to seek the Lord we put ourselves in the category of those who find Him.

Return to “Miscellaneous”