The Tree of.....

Darrell

The Tree of.....

Post by Darrell » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:16 pm

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” Jefferson

It’s all over the internet, it’s on T-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, flags, coffee cups and the lips of just about every person who owns an AR-15 style rifle. It has been said over and over again to the point that it has become nothing more than a cliche to too many. It has, in part, cultivated an attitude which has caused many to romanticize violence and war without truly considering all that comes with it.

When I was growing up the Boogaloo was a dance, a good time. It represented celebration and light-heartedness. Now, it’s the “woke” slang for civil war/revolution sung by smiling faces holding designer weapons they assembled in the comfort of their home while enjoying a lifestyle that only the fragile bubble of peace allows.

The opposing side too, for the moment, enjoy this oh so fragile bubble of peace. The extreme views that push for change by violence can only end one way (we have blood in our streets now). Recently a leftist group said they were going to take over a city in California and anyone who opposed them would be dealt with. Two well known rival motorcycle gangs took them up on the offer. Violence was avoided (this time) because one group didn’t show up. It quickly turned into a joke, a celebration of mockery on the internet. I must confess (to my shame) when I first heard of it I found it amusing also but quickly realized it was yet another call for God’s children to take up sackcloth, ashes, mourning, fasting and prayers.

Sadly we live in a world where the statement “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants” is true.

What about this statement, is it true as well?
“The tree of Revival must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of GOD’s faithful. It is it’s natural manure.”

We talk about Revival, sing about Revival, preach about Revival, pray for Revival - all good things to be sure but what does it look like when God’s faithful leave the church buildings and security of their homes and hit the streets to BRING ABOUT REVIVAL?

Could it be that this whole "covid-19 pandemic" is God's way of emptying the church buildings, not to make us retreat to our homes but to force us out into the streets? In this “Boogaloo” this dance that seems all but unavoidable, what responsibility do God’s faithful have?

Please understand:
1. I am not trying to be an antagonist
2. I certainly do not mean to insult anyone.
3. I am NOT advocating violence.

I just very much would like to see a discussion on what other Christians are doing in the streets to bring about Revival.

Thank you for reading and “MAY THE LAMB OF GOD RECEIVE THE REWARD OF HIS SUFFERING”
d

Return to “General”