Listening to Steve Gregg...

Ryan07

Listening to Steve Gregg...

Post by Ryan07 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:45 am

... is like watching a really good guitarist. He makes it look easy. You think Oh, I can do that, Then you go to do it and fail miserably. Hahaha! This is my conclusion after spending a couple hours appealing to several people who were chatting with me on the nature of dispensationalism. Of course it's even more difficult to debate something people are unaware has a name. The best part is they can list a bunch of scriptures and say this is why, yet none of them can actually provide a single sentence of real scripture that backs up their ideas and everything is out of context.
Now I know some dispensationalists have more skill than that. Most have no idea what they are talking about it seems.

I think I did better debating that the Devil cannot be proved to be a fallen angel. Of course there's a small excerpt from a caller on youtube going over that issue. Dispensationalism is too complicated a conundrum to have a quick fix :p

nancyer

Re: Listening to Steve Gregg...

Post by nancyer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:57 pm

I saw that there were no replies to your post so the only reason I can figure is that everyone here agreed with you. Of course, if we listen to Steve Gregg (and who wouldn't?) then we can take what we learn and pass it on to others. The same with other bible scholars/teachers/preachers whom we admire or trust. This is part of why we study and learn, so we can properly pass on knowledge and understanding to others in order to help them know the gospel. I like your analogy. Not all teachers make it look easy, some, in fact, make bible study seem tedious or they make you feel like they don't want you to question anything they say so further study is pointless.

I like the fact that Steve welcomes questions and discussion and he, himself, is continually learning.

Ryan07

Post by Ryan07 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:38 pm

Steve is my bible teacher. That's what I tell people: my bible teacher bla bla bla.
I do appreciate your reply, though nancyer. Although personally I thought that maybe the reason no one replied is that this forum tends to attract such a high caliber of theologian I am like a child in comparison.

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:46 am

Ryan07 wrote:Steve is my bible teacher. That's what I tell people: my bible teacher bla bla bla.
I do appreciate your reply, though nancyer. Although personally I thought that maybe the reason no one replied is that this forum tends to attract such a high caliber of theologian I am like a child in comparison.
Ryan07, I feel exactly the same way!!!! I'm still needing milk though I desperately want to be able to eat meat. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone.

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 am

Don't sell yourself short. I find myself not measuring up to my walk in innumerable ways. Some of the most Christ-like people I have met do not have the academic chops that people think a true Christian needs to have. "If I have not love I am a sounding piece of brass...."

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Return to “General”