The "nothing"

Paidion

Re: The "nothing"

Post by Paidion » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:59 am

Hi Emily,

I don't think your conclusion follows from your statement, "Yet quantum theory tells us that even in outer space there is nowhere where there is really truly nothing.' "
For that non-nothing "soup of particles" itself may have been created by God ex nihilo.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

Energy cannot be created, so how did it appear? Energy is just energy, but God is energy and mind, and energy can be transformed from one form to another - without the first mover becoming the second (atomic energy is not God). A vacuum can create motion but motion needn’t be a vacuum, etc.
Note also that energy creates nothing but chaos, but creation requires mind. Only in the Hebrew Scripture do we find a description of the God we are looking for: One who is all knowing, all powerful, self-existing, self-reliant, etc. other religions do not support this kind of God, or describe such a God. That is why I can determine and deduce that the Bible is God’s own autograph.

How do we suppose the energy was organized into a rabbit or a chicken?
I'm curious as to whether you accept that it was the God of the Hebrews who designed the world, or was it another God? (I presume you do, but the post was curious)

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 am

Space is filled with quanta, and experts tell us that this soup of particles has an incredible potential energy.

So there is literally no God anywhere which created the universe out of "nothing" (ex nihilo) not even the Christian God. So did God really only "rearrange" things or reconstruct things?

From what i know what you are referring to is "dark matter" and there is no evidence this existed before the big bang.

Return to “General”