Sexual Problems a punishment from God?

TruthSeeker1401

Sexual Problems a punishment from God?

Post by TruthSeeker1401 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Hello all,

This post may be of a sensitive nature to some and very graphic so please avoid if you are a bit squeemish.

Have been listening to Steve for a while. This is my first post on this board. I am 27 years old now, and for the past 8 year have suffered from sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. The premature ejaculation came first and the erectile dysfunction afterwards. I was promiscuis (Sorry for the bad spelling) as a youth, and this happened around the time I was 18-19. I was not married when this started happening.

It's rare for that age group, so I thought it'd heal itself over time. It hasn't. I've went to general doctors and have been told 1 of 2 things: either to see a psychiatrist cuz it's mental, or to check with a urologist because they specialize in it. I went to the psychologist and he said to go to the urologist. I went to the urologist and he performed every test imaginable on me (blood work, urine, testosterone, check for diabetes, etc etc etc) and everything came back ok. He even (here's the squeemish part) inserted a camera internally in my you-know-what to look around to make sure there is no blockages. Everything has checked back ok, and his final diagnosis: See a psychiatrist (or sexual therapist).

These people continually shuffle me around, telling me to go to the other one. I've received no relief, except from "the big V" which I've hidden that I take for years. It does work. But NOBODY, especially someone in their teens or 20's, wants to be reliant upon those.

I've asked God many times for help. He hasn't responded. It's caused me to wonder if this is some punishment I'm just meant to endure for my whole life. If you've never experienced the feeling of laying next to a woman who is hurt because she thinks it's her, and the embarrasment of trying to explain that it's not, it is just incredibly painful beyond words. It's so damaging to a marriage. You want to just get up and run somewhere and hide.

I was wondering if anyone else has been through this, have they been cured, is anything similar found in the bible? I need help.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: Sexual Problems a punishment from God?

Post by backwoodsman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:56 pm

Only one thing comes to mind: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33) I realize that may sound trite, simplistic, and insensitive to some; but the older I get and the more I learn, the more I understand that it really is the solution to a lot more of our problems than we realize, especially in our youth; and the more I wish I'd have learned its meaning more deeply when I was your age or younger. Not only would my life so far have been much more glorifying to God -- especially when I was younger -- but on a much less important note, it would've saved me from an awful lot of unpleasantness as well.

jriccitelli

Re: Sexual Problems a punishment from God?

Post by jriccitelli » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:02 am

The first thing that comes to mind is that you both have a lot of life ahead of you, and time. I think God can and will heal, now, or in his way. You will find that God will make a way. Continue to be romantic and continue to go the extra mile, as you certainly have. God delights in marriage, and I have no doubt he knows and loves you both.

(It might help to remind readers; If anyone has any helpful information or experience on this, you can send a private note to truthseeker using this forum, for such a personal matter)

Return to “General”