Prayer

RV

Prayer

Post by RV » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:51 am

Hey...

Has anyone ever felt like someone was praying against them?

My wife woke up with bad back pain and the first thing that pop in my head was that these people are praying against me.

It's kind of a story and I don't mind sharing the details, but I just wanted to see if I'm off on this or if anyone else has had this experience.

I typically don't think about stuff like this, but it's been on my mind. There has been other things happening and I just sense something strange.

Does anyone have some insight?

RV

steve7150

Re: Prayer

Post by steve7150 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:58 am

My wife woke up with bad back pain and the first thing that pop in my head was that these people are praying against me.

I don't think prayers like this are a part of the new covenant nor would God be manipulated for someone's evil desires. Plus your wife has much more spiritual authority over her own body and family then anybody else.
Not everyone here may agree with me but i believe we have authority over Satan and i would command him to stay away from my family in the name of Jesus.
BTW who are "these people"?

TK

Post by TK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:15 am

I have heard of satanists (or their ilk) praying against a Christian but I have not heard of a Christian praying against another Christian. I am not sure a person who would do this would qualify as a Christian. There is a Christian coffee shop in town and back in the fall a group of people in black robes were walking in a circle in front of the entrance chanting some sort of intonations. We got a kick out of it.

TK

RV

Post by RV » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 am

Let me put it another way, and again I could be off on this but that's why I'm asking.

I felt something weird spiritually and it felt like it had something to do with these people. They do call themselves christians.

Thoughts?

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am

I felt something weird spiritually and it felt like it had something to do with these people. They do call themselves christians.

I think it's not from God therefore if it's real then it's demonic even if it's a so called curse from so called other Christians. Personally i would command Satan to leave you and your family in Jesus name or if you would rather, then pray to God to put a hedge around you and your family to protect you from any harm whether physical or spiritual, and have faith that your prayer is answered even if you don't see instant results.

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:53 am

Hi RV,

I am not saying that this applies to your case in any way.

For many years I prayed that God would bring a person to repentance. I prayed that God would bring something into the person's life that would cause (I hoped) this particular person to turn to God and be saved. Knowing that troubles and trials often cause people to seek God, I also prayed that God would not hurt the person too badly. I did not ask that God do anything in particular. Over time, hardship came to the person, both physically and business wise. And the person turned to God and is now a faithful Christian.

So I do believe, in certain circumstances, and in a certain sense, a Christian may "pray against" another person, while in reality they are praying "for" them.

Blessings, Homer

TK

Post by TK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:10 pm

I was thinking along the same lines, Homer. Oswald Chambers talks about the danger of interfering when God is dealing harshly with someone, either by prayer or by stepping in practially somehow.

but I think RV is talking about something altogether different.

TK

RV

Post by RV » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 pm

I’ll give you the short version of the story.
These are relatives of mine. We ended up relocating and renting a house from them. We handed them a check every month for the first year we lived there and they ripped the check up and said that’s what God wanted to do.
So, recently we decided to buy a house. Long story short, I didn’t tell them I was looking for my own reasons. But... did give over 30 days notice. Paid for the carpets to be cleaned and repaired and the house to be cleaned professionally. I also offered to pay the next month’s rent.
Well, that wasn’t good enough; they wanted us to have the place painted and carpet replaced.
They wanted to have a face to face meeting and kept saying there are issues that needed to be discussed. I kept asking what the issues were and they would not tell me.
I felt in my heart they were going to try and manipulate the situation with what they had done for us and that’s exactly what they did.
They basically vilified me for accepting what they had given to me saying that I wasn’t grateful and had only tried to pay them once.
We lived there for over three years never paid late, took care of all repairs and never called them for anything.
I in the best of my ability tried to give back by not being a burden on them.
I really feel they wanted to control me. I won’t get into all the reasons why I believe that, but a lot of things happened along the way that makes me believe that.
So it really got messy, and I have just been feeling something spiritually. Something dark regarding them.
That’s some of the background. Thoughts?

Return to “General”