Faith... why?

TK

Re: Faith... why?

Post by TK » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:21 am

perhaps RV's question addresses the issue of whether faith changes anything (if God has everything already laid out in perfect order) and if faith in fact changes nothing, then why is it required. seems more of a philosophical question, since scripture says that without faith it is impossible to please God.

bui i agree that if this is the crux of the question then that discussion should be moved to the appropriate heading.

TK

Murf

Post by Murf » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:02 pm

I believe God already knew what exactly what Abraham would do. Since Abraham had faith that God would make a nation from his son, he must have figured God would either raise his son from the dead or give him a new son. Either way Abraham demonstrated his faith in God by obeying His command.

The whole point of the exercise could simply be a test of Abraham's faith but I think it was also a story God wanted to tell the Jews and us to show what faith really is.

tim

RV

Post by RV » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Well, maybe I do need to go to another thread.

But all I'm doing is looking for answers to my question from a couple of different angles.

Does God require faith because He doesn't know what we will actually do. Again, maybe it does need to go to another thread.

I don't know, seems silly but I'm asking anyway.

Yeah Paidion I have read the others, looking forward to more as I know little about the topic.

Return to “General”