New Forum

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
selah

Re: New Forum

Post by selah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Suzana wrote:Hi SueAnn,

I'll be happy to help as much as I can, but there's a reason I wouldn't be a designated computer anything, since I usually stumble around, and mainly get by with trial and error!
(Real computer experts, you should look away now).
Then I clicked something like "download" but got a pop up with the option to save or open on my computer. I didn't want to do that since the picture is already on my computer.
(I see that there is an option on the forum user control board to upload your avatar from a URL or off-site link, but I don't know how to do that, as I have always uploaded from my own computer).
So -
whey you get the "download" pop up, choose the option to save it. (I don't think it will stay on your computer for you to use otherwise. The picture already on your computer is the one that's too large, I think).
Even just save it to your desktop so you can easily find it when you then need to upload it onto the forum. That will be step 4.

Then, go to your control panel on the forum > profile > edit avatar > upload from your machine (click browse, find your shrunk pic, double click on it & that should upload onto the forum. I think when it's there you then click on submit & voila!)

You also need to make sure the size is correct, I think it's 90x90 pixels only.

See how you go with that, feel free to ask anything else & if we both fall into the ditch, some other kind person might help us out!
Suzanna,

Thanks for helping. Memories of changing flat tires---er, trying to change flat tires---comes to mind.

I have saved these instructions in a MS Word document and will go to the website now to see if I can do this. I really appreciate your help!
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

selah

Post by selah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Suzanna! We did it!

I followed your directions and it worked!

By the way, these little ones are my grandchildren. My son said I could avatar them since he has their pictures online in various places too.

Thanks again Suzanna for helping me through the techi stuff...

Selah* :)
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi SueAnn,

I'm really glad it worked out!

I wonder if I can now designate myself as a computer techie....better not, our head of IT support at work would probably fall off his chair laughing...

It's nice to see a photo of your grandchildren.
We're also having a lovely sunny autumn day here - you have a good day (?evening) too. :)
Suzana

Return to “New Forum”