General Tech Questions; Input Needed

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
TheEditor

General Tech Questions; Input Needed

Post by TheEditor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Greetings,

I regularly post in an ex-JW Forum. These forums (at least the helpful kind) are hard to come by as they are normally dominated by ex-JWs who have become irreligious and usually just talk vitriol. So, when I find one that seems to be concerened with helping ex-JWs in their journey, I try to be of some help. Right now one of the Forums is utilizing YUKU as a server. This, I can honestly say, is the worst Forum experience technically speaking that I have ever dealt with. There are endless ad streams and redirects; glitches when posting. It's really a mess.

Right now I am trying to lead a bit of a mutiny to see if we can redirect posters to a new Forum. Does anybody know the logistics of doing something like this? For instance, are there servers that don't charge an arm and a leg to Host a Forum, or, are there better alternatives in ad-driven Forums? Even seasoned posters would have major complaints about YUKU. I am just very green when it comes to the nuts and bolts of web-hosting and Forum software.

Thanks for any pointers you can share.

Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Return to “New Forum”