Verse Tool

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
jarrod

Verse Tool

Post by jarrod » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Hey,

Sometimes I'm reading and come across a Scripture reference that I want to check out. I've added a quick tool above the forum called "Verse Tool". If you click "show" it will expand a form for entering verse references like John 3:16 or verse ranges like Genesis 1:1-3. You can also use short names such as 1j 1:9 (1 John 1:9) if you are a lazy typer like me.

Right now it defaults to NASB, but I'll add the option for multiple translations shortly because I know many of you are particular about the translation you use ;)

Thanks,

Jarrod :ugeek:

TK

Re: Verse Tool

Post by TK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:55 pm

this is excellent--- thx!

TK

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:59 pm

Very cool! Thanks!

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 am

translations have been added! nasb, niv, nlt, nkjv, kjv

jarrod :ugeek:

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Cool, indeed. Jarrod, you considered adding a css for iPhone use?

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:45 am

Darin,

That's a great idea... I need to look for a mobile css and then update the code to look for a mobile device. I'm working on a couple of other ideas right now also for expanding the site, but I'll definitely add that to the list. I am also thinking of changing the theme? This is the default layout/colors... what do you think?
darinhouston wrote:Cool, indeed. Jarrod, you considered adding a css for iPhone use?

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:20 am

Darin,

That's a great idea... I need to look for a mobile css and then update the code to look for a mobile device. I'm working on a couple of other ideas right now also for expanding the site, but I'll definitely add that to the list. I am also thinking of changing the theme? This is the default layout/colors... what do you think?

darinhouston wrote:
Cool, indeed. Jarrod, you considered adding a css for iPhone use?
If you update this would it recognize a Blackberry as well? After adjusting the Browser config on my Blackberry I was able to get a pretty good layout of the website. I often read the posts on my Blackberry (like in the hospital waiting room this morning :) ), so if you can make it even more user friendly that would be great!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm

Not really crazy about the default layout, but I believe phpBB allows users to set their own if several are installed to choose from. It'd be hard to please everyone, of course.

Return to “New Forum”