Community Supported Bible Commentary/Notes Wiki

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
jarrod

Community Supported Bible Commentary/Notes Wiki

Post by jarrod » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:18 pm

Hey all...

I just added a wiki section to the theos.org website with the intention of creating a community supported bible commentary. I have had quite a few people request this addition, so I thought I would pass on the information to yall as well. The wiki uses the login information from this forum for authentication, but requires that you be in a special group. I've added a few users from this forum to the new group already, but if this is something you're interested in you can shoot me a private message or just reply to this message and I'll add you.

Here is this link: http://theos.org/wiki/

It's still brand new, so I don't believe there are any notes as of yet. The notes are going to be under the "Introduction" and individual "Chapter" sections once/if things get going.

I believe the wiki can lead to more Biblical discussion on this forum. As a "community supported" wiki... any user can edit/change/delete existing notes... so if you disagree or want to discuss existing notes, ask on this forum!

Jarrod :ugeek:

steve

Re: Community Supported Bible Commentary/Notes Wiki

Post by steve » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:19 pm

This could be fun...and risky, I suppose. It is an interesting idea, to say the least.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Jarrod, I attempted a commentary of John 1:1, and it seemed to allow me to do it.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Paidon, You were one of the ones I added to the group. Thanks for the addition... I think I'll try to establish a standardized format to make the look consistent throughout and to make it easier for posters.

Steve, I agree with the fact that it's risky, but I will try to control the risk by limiting the users with edit privileges (i.e. not EVERY person will be put in the wiki group)

Jarrod

Return to “New Forum”