Radio Program & Mask Wearing

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
steve7150

Re: Radio Program & Mask Wearing

Post by steve7150 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 am

One of my daughters is a nurse and has treated many Covid patients. She should have contracted Covid ten times over but these nurses are required to wear two masks , the N95 mask on top of a surgical mask. She would not treat Covid patients without the masks but now she is not worried.

I understand the issue about our freedoms being limited or interfered with by a mask mandate but i am surprised about the debate doubting the claim that it limits the spread. Maybe in small towns masks are not needed but in dense areas like NYC they tried not using masks and Covid ran wild but now they diligently wear masks and Covid is under control.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 am

And Birx has a long history with CDC and Fauci and Redfield and has been associated with a good number of "issues" with previous studies -- allegations of fraud in HIV trials for DoD as I recall. These "bureaucratic" researchers are motivated by all sorts of things, often well intended but you can't let them drive public policy. They're often myopic or biased by agency politics, their career academic interests if not financial ones.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 am

steve7150 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 am
One of my daughters is a nurse and has treated many Covid patients. She should have contracted Covid ten times over but these nurses are required to wear two masks , the N95 mask on top of a surgical mask. She would not treat Covid patients without the masks but now she is not worried.

I understand the issue about our freedoms being limited or interfered with by a mask mandate but i am surprised about the debate doubting the claim that it limits the spread. Maybe in small towns masks are not needed but in dense areas like NYC they tried not using masks and Covid ran wild but now they diligently wear masks and Covid is under control.
Again, in close quarters in a risk to the individual situation, that's wise (though I'd hope the N95 is on the face since it's only useful if conforming well). But, in the general population, even Fauci acknowledged it isn't useful (before he reversed his position).

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:58 am

But, in the general population, even Fauci acknowledged it isn't useful (before he reversed his position).

Fauci in March also said Covid was nothing to be concerned about so as i said i listen to Birx & Gottlieb & Marc Siegel , i purposely left off Fauci. These three always advocated masks.
It also depends on who i'm with and whether i know them, like last night my wife and i played Canasta in our kitchen with 3 other people & none of us wore masks because i know them to be responsible.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Then there's the view that the restrictions due to Covid is all a plot to take over the world.
What do you think of the following video? Some pretty BIG names here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb9jRq ... hTmTv42ApQ
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Then there's the view that the restrictions due to Covid is all a plot to take over the world.

Reminds me of the John Lennon song "Imagine" except in the context of imagine what other things we can get people to do if they just work as one!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Paidion wrote:Then there's the view that the restrictions due to Covid is all a plot to take over the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb9jRq ... hTmTv42ApQ
That link doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:14 pm

I can't understand why the link doesn't work for you, Darin.
Even when I click on your quote of the link, it works for me!
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:28 pm

Paidion wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:14 pm
I can't understand why the link doesn't work for you, Darin.
Even when I click on your quote of the link, it works for me!
I got it to work.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:02 am

[color=#BF0000]Reminds me of the John L ... [/color]

Just to be clear i was playing devils advocate in other words looking at it from a Globalist's perspective.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”