Serpent Seed Sickness

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Soulsnaxx

Serpent Seed Sickness

Post by Soulsnaxx » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:20 am

In every generation there are those who pervert the pure truth of God's Word by attempting to attach perverse teachings to it. The "Serpent Seed" doctrine is such a perversion.

A caller to The Narrow Path radio broadcast asked host Steve Gregg about the strange Serpent Seed doctrine, and Steve's answer gives the straight truth about that twisted teaching. Click the link to see/hear that call.

https://youtu.be/8Cms0WWbSds

RoyHobs

Re: Serpent Seed Sickness

Post by RoyHobs » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:12 pm

“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” –John 8:44

Who was the murderer Jesus refers to? We know that Cain murdered Abel. Is this the 'father' Jesus is referring to? There is no mention of the Serpent of the garden committing murder.

I'm still on the fence personally speaking. I've studied both sides of the argument fairly thoroughly. One of the arguments the dual seedliners insist on is that Genesis 4:1 is corrupt. But I haven't seen the evidence.

Ultimately.....does it even matter in the big picture which position one holds to. How does it affect their daily walk? John 14:21.

I would say it is negligible. Fascinating discussion however.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”