Wedding Wrath

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Soulsnaxx

Wedding Wrath

Post by Soulsnaxx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:29 am

By a narrow margin, the US Supreme Court recently attacked the traditional (and Biblical) meaning of the word “marriage” by declaring that it may pertain to deviant unions of same-sex partners.

Will this judgment by the supreme court of the land bring down judgment from the Supreme Judge of the Universe? This was the question a caller posed to the Narrow Path radio program host, Steve Gregg. What do you think. Judgment now...later...ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 1kot4kAy9M

robbyyoung

Re: Wedding Wrath

Post by robbyyoung » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:58 am

Hello All,

I believe Steve couldn't have given a better biblical answer regarding the sins of a nation.

God Bless.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:27 am

@robby Link? I highly respect Steve, and would be interested in hearing him talk about this.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:49 am

Morbo, didn't Soulsnaxx provide the link in which Steve talks about it?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Paidion wrote:Morbo, didn't Soulsnaxx provide the link in which Steve talks about it?
Chuckle.

Correct.

I was blinded by the large blue font in the original posters message, and didn't realize the youtube video was a link to a segment of the radio show.

It would have been nice to hear Steve's words without all the animations. Even worse, the Papyrus font. Ew!

I wish more "would-be" prophets would not claim God's authority for their threats, as Steve doesn't. We had a local yokel go off in a youtube video declaring that our wildfires in Washington were a symptom of God's wrath. I challenged him to predict something, as Elijah did, rather than simply after-the-fact interpreting a natural event as proof of his personal opinions. Anyone can do that. It doesn't make you a prophet. I appreciate Steve's clarification, which I had heard from him before.

I also agree with what he says from Romans. We are on different sides of the issue, but I agree with his reading of Romans that God's wrath doesn't always mean "extending his hand" but sometimes is withdrawing his hand.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “Radio Program Topics”