Question: Why doesn't Israel use Tabernacle/Tent for now?

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
jpat1975

Post by jpat1975 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:16 am

Ideally for them those longing in Israel for a future Temple want a permanent physical structure like Solomon constructed.

Yet what is stopping modern religious Israelites from reconstructing the wilderness Tabernacle tent? Don't they already have trained priests? Utensils etc?

Obviously they would be wrong to have Solomon's Temple physically rebuilt or a replica of the Tabernacle tent. They should simply receive Christ. That is not my point. I get that part.

Yet I am trying to understand why pragmatically, for them - in their present flawed thinking - they would not begin their old sacrificial system again in a tent?

What in the law prevents them in their own understanding of the scriptures?

Or is it simply being too proud to downgrade to a tent?

I hope my question makes sense.

robbyyoung

Re: Question: Why doesn't Israel use Tabernacle/Tent for now

Post by robbyyoung » Wed May 20, 2015 9:53 am

jpat1975 wrote:Question: Why doesn't Israel use Tabernacle/Tent for now?

Ideally for them those longing in Israel for a future Temple want a permanent physical structure like Solomon constructed.

Yet what is stopping modern religious Israelites from reconstructing the wilderness Tabernacle tent? Don't they already have trained priests? Utensils etc?

Obviously they would be wrong to have Solomon's Temple physically rebuilt or a replica of the Tabernacle tent. They should simply receive Christ. That is not my point. I get that part.

Yet I am trying to understand why pragmatically, for them - in their present flawed thinking - they would not begin their old sacrificial system again in a tent?

What in the law prevents them in their own understanding of the scriptures?

Or is it simply being too proud to downgrade to a tent?

I hope my question makes sense.
Hi jpat1975,

IMHO, there can never be another O.T. style priesthood ever again. Why? Because one must PROVE their lineage from Aaron and his two sons (to serve as High Priest), as well as, their lineage to one of the three clans (Kohathites, Gershonites, and Mereites) to perform their Priestly duties.

And of course, 70 A.D. destroyed, altogether, any proof of this lineage to follow-on generations. THIS PROOF is mandatory, as seen in Ezra 2:62 "These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but they were not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood."

Therefore, this will NEVER, EVER happen. Whatever, mock set-up anyone attempts to create will be nothing more than a delusion and counterfeit to what was legitimized by God long ago and then replaced/fulfilled in Christ during the 1st Century.

God Bless.

jpat1975

Post by jpat1975 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:43 pm

Agreed. But for those of them who think they have that (or find a clever way to circumvent that scripture) my question remains. Why are they holding out for a physical temple instead of getting started sooner with a tent/tabernacle?

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Wed May 20, 2015 2:42 pm

jpat1975 wrote:Agreed. But for those of them who think they have that (or find a clever way to circumvent that scripture) my question remains. Why are they holding out for a physical temple instead of getting started sooner with a tent/tabernacle?
Hi jpat1975,

Oops, sorry. Well this group calling themselves "Jews" ARE NOT interested in anything temporary. They want to build the actual Temple where the Islamic Mosque is currently located. They know this is an absolute impossibility, therefore, some continue to wait for "The Real Messiah" and others plot and scheme how to make the impossible, possible. You can go to just about any "Jewish" website and see their reasons articulated quite well.

God Bless.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Agreed. But for those of them who think they have that (or find a clever way to circumvent that scripture) my question remains. Why are they holding out for a physical temple instead of getting started sooner with a tent/tabernacle?jpat1975

Private message

I think because they believe the tabernacle system is moot and only when the Messiah arrives and rebuilds the real temple will that system be established
again.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Thu May 21, 2015 12:10 am

Ark?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 am

darinhouston wrote:Ark?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Darin,

Well, some "Jews" today claim that they know where the Ark is located, for they say, this information been handed down through the generations. Ok, if this is true, why didn't they have the Ark in the Temple after returning from exile? or better yet, have it during the 1st Century? You see, there is no reason to believe these claims, for they absolutely make no sense at all.

The original Ark is gone forever and nothing can change this. Clearly, The Priests, in the 1st Century, would have no reason to keep it in hiding? The Holy of Holies was empty because The Ark's whereabouts was UNKNOWN.

God Bless.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”