Get your own show.

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
MMathis

Get your own show.

Post by MMathis » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:23 pm

The program is being taken over by people that need to pony up the money and get their own program.

I listen almost everyday and look forward to the program. I like the way Steve explains things. I don't tune in to hear someone call Steve a "false teacher" and "liar" as one person did, and then take up air time trying to justify their position.

I know Steve doesn't need my help, but I would put in a two-minute timer.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Paidion

Re: Get your own show.

Post by Paidion » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:40 am

I understand what you're saying, and I empathize.

But unlike many people in a similar situation, Steve is willing to deal with such people, and to defend what he believes with scriptural backing. In that way, I think Steve is more effective with his radio audience. If he just cuts the guy off, some may think that the guy is making points that Steve cannot answer, and that Steve is evading him because he has no answers.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:42 am

I also think labeling someone a false teacher is more of a serious accusation than the caller realized (especially as emphatically, repeatedly, and publicly as he did so). I can't believe he had the gall to call back the second day after time to cool down and listen to the previous recording. I have such a difficult time dealing with people that are so emotional they can't listen to reason, but I have learned much from Steve as an example of patience toward others.

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:47 pm

I agree with Steve most always and we do pray fully and financially support the ministry. However, I wonder if for every person attacking him on the air there aren't perhaps dozens listening who would also have serious issues with him. If this is the case then isn't it better that Steve is able to engage those who attack his views publically? Steve seems too much the gentleman to talk against another's view without them being able to directly answer his arguments. And, I suspect Steve prefers it this way. Also, I have found the best way to get to the truth of an argument is in a debate setting, whether formal or on a radio program.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Like a lot of us, I've listened to a fair amount of radio call-in shows. Caller quality is not always the same. You can tell, I think, when a program screens calls and uses some standard to determine if a caller is the type of person that has the type of question or comment and personality and social skills and awareness that will make for a good call.

Most shows, like TNP, probably don't have that type of screening, so it's hit and miss.

I tend to mumble or trail off or interrupt myself when I get nervous, so I'd probably be lousy on the radio. :) (I once talked on a radio show but it was to my dad when he had a show 10+ years ago.)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Radio Program Topics”