Harold has had a stroke..."May never be the same".

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
brody196

Harold has had a stroke..."May never be the same".

Post by brody196 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:27 am

Last edited by brody196 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Paidion

Re: What if Harold Camping was right?

Post by Paidion » Fri May 20, 2011 11:27 am

A wake-up call to non believers? How about the effect on the many believers with their wide variety of eschatologies which some of them hold with a fervour which surpasses even their sotierological views ?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 am

Paidion wrote:A wake-up call to non believers? How about the effect on the many believers with their wide variety of eschatologies which some of them hold with a fervour which surpasses even their sotierological views ?
Well, if Camping was right, those who were in error on their eschatology views(Me and you included)would be set straight in a hurry!

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri May 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Yep! Instantaneously!
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:43 pm

How awesome would that be? To finally see Jesus and receive our glorified body is the blessed of all blessed hopes.

Hate to be a wet blanket but Camping believes in pre-destination so even he may not be chosen even if he were right.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 pm

steve7150 wrote:How awesome would that be? To finally see Jesus and receive our glorified body is the blessed of all blessed hopes.

Hate to be a wet blanket but Camping believes in pre-destination so even he may not be chosen even if he were right.
Thanks Buddy, Now I am as sad as this kid...

bornagain

Post by bornagain » Sun May 22, 2011 10:21 am

I'm glad the LORD is long suffering and patient and not willing that any should perish.

Though not the Biblical scholar many here are, but I do believe we are in that season.

Thank God for his mercy and grace!

Mend your nets, there is time to catch more fish my brothers and sisters!

After so many years running from God, I'm thankful for every day He gives me on this earth, that I may be used of Him.
[b][color=#400080]Jesus is the Risen LORD and Savior[/b][/color]

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:37 pm

Familyradio.com has a newly designed website with a new theme "Sound of the New Life." Apparently there was a Plan B. Family Radio may not have been raptured , but it may be resurrected.
Camping is going to give an explanation. It may be Gen 7.21 which says "Noah was in his 600th year" which may mean he was 599 and not 600 and that would push back everything a year.

steve7150

Re: *Update* Harold did not repent..But set a new date!

Post by steve7150 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:17 pm

I think Camping has an uncontrollable need to see evil (as he sees it) paid for and destroyed and he can't stop himself from doing this, it's really like a form of self-destruction sadly. He keeps saying it's in God's hands but he really can't leave it God's hands.

featheredprop

Re: *Update* Harold did not repent..But set a new date!

Post by featheredprop » Tue May 24, 2011 6:29 am

Few things will earn my respect like the wilingness to say, "I was wrong."

Camping had one last opportunity to gain the respect of many Christians (and perhaps non-Christians as well) by publically admitting that he was wrong. If he could have just admitted that he made a mistake, and that he was sorry, then he might have been able to salvage something from this mess. Instead, he insisted that he was right, and that Judgment Day came spiritually, not physically (we've heard stuff like that before).

Pride - the love of self - is an ugly garment to parade in.

sigh,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

Return to “Radio Program Topics”