Harold has had a stroke..."May never be the same".

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
mattrose

Re: *Update* Harold did not repent..But set a new date!

Post by mattrose » Tue May 24, 2011 10:36 am

The worst part is I saw a video (I think it was authentic) in which he looked very sad, said he was bewildered, and admitted that he had to work this out between himself and the Lord. I was hopeful, upon seeing that video interview, that he was having the proper response to his sin. He seemed convicted. But it seems now that he resisted that conviction (of the Holy Spirit) in favor of his own conviction (that he is right).

featheredprop

Post by featheredprop » Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 am

I saw the same video clip, Matt. He really looked defeated, and my heart was breaking for him. He seemed so pitiful...

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

steve

Post by steve » Tue May 24, 2011 11:16 am

My heart is broken over the poor old guy, though I do not know him and never followed his ministry with any interest. To me, it was obvious years ago that he was senile—a thing for which he, perhaps, cannot be blamed. I wonder if his board of directors had any power, during those years, to pull the plug on him before he could do this kind of damage to himself and to others—if so, then they bear more responsibility than the insane man that they kept at the microphone. Maybe they couldn't stop him. I understand that he owns the radio network. I have heard that his board members are meeting tonight and are wringing their hands in anxiety about how to be rid of him. I would not enjoy being any of them.

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Tue May 24, 2011 7:02 pm

To me, it was obvious years ago that he was senile
Hi Steve. I know even less about Harold Camping than you do (actually, virtually nothing) but I listened to a fair amount of a press conference from yesterday (link is below) and although I found his answers completely unsatisfying he did seem coherent. I found him, like many politicians, to be frustratingly evasive, in denial and displaying cognitive dissonance but he didn’t appear senile to me. Maybe it was one of his better days??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FokKrrCN6NA

Steve

steve

Post by steve » Tue May 24, 2011 7:30 pm

I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I am not qualified to officially diagnose senility. Maybe he is just very evil. I do not reach such conclusions easily about people. Perhaps I will have to come to that point in his case.

Joan

Post by Joan » Tue May 24, 2011 8:01 pm

I feel so sad for him. I used to listen to Family Radio years ago, and I admired him greatly for his fervency of belief. I don't think it's pride; he has a passion for the Word and made it his life to study and teach it - at least he did then, and I doubt that he's changed. I think he really believes what he says, that he is in love with his Lord and can't wait to see Him. Perhaps because he's been so long at the apex and likely answers to nobody, he drifted into delusion. No checks, no balances, no balance.

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Tue May 24, 2011 8:58 pm

I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt
I really appreciate that approach Steve. That's a great starting point.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 pm

SteveF wrote:
I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt
I really appreciate that approach Steve. That's a great starting point.
I need to pray for more of that kinda thing(Giving one the benefit of the doubt)...

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:24 pm

I have followed Camping a little and i think he bit off more then he could chew. He was like a gambler who bet wrong (1994) and doubled down and lost again. I have not heard him on Family Radio since that day. They seem to be just playing generic recordings or music.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”