Regarding the opening song for the program..

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
BorisGoodnewsenov

Re: Regarding the opening song for the program..

Post by BorisGoodnewsenov » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am

I didn't know the theme song came from a Cat Stevens song. Very interesting. I always kind of wondered why various Christian radio hosts chose the songs they did. Now I know the reason for at least one of them.

I noticed a number of them still like to use the songs that resemble commercial jingles. The jingles, I believe traditionally were used because their basic simplicity would stick in one's mind, and pop up from time to time. Although, at the moment anyway, I can't remember any of the more jingle oriented Christian radio theme songs. What I can remember is Steve's theme song, RC Sproul's theme song (from Handel: Messiah), and J Vernon McGee's A Firm Foundation theme song.

brody196

Post by brody196 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 am

Joan wrote:Brody's song is fantastic. I know... Maybe it's time for a third program!

LOL...Steve's plate is pretty full at the moment, but I would love for him to have another radio program! If I had the money, I would buy a radio station and have Steve's program from 9 to 5 everyday.

featheredprop

Post by featheredprop » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:59 am

Hey Earl ... fantastic track! If'n I ever get my own radio show I'll be calling you, man!

peace,

dane
"...the hope of the whole world rests on the shoulders of a homeless man" Rich Mullins

brody196

Post by brody196 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks Bro!

selah

Post by selah » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 am

jarrod wrote: Ha. I am so fond of the narrow path theme song... this may sound weird but it is somewhat therapeutic. I like it better than the Road to Find Out music.

Jarrod

brody196 wrote:
thrombomodulin wrote:
For your amusement: I just started beginning playing yesterday's broadcast, and then walked for a moment out of the room. I heard my wife begin whistling to the introduction music. She's never done this before. Steve's opening words were "I wonder how many of you whistle along..." speaking of the intro music. While, there is at least one!
Pete

LOL...I do the same thing everyday when I listen to the show...I am a terrible whistler though...If I could master the Andy Griffith theme song, I could die a happy man.
My one year old grand daughter has heard so many of the NP MP3 archived programs that when she hears the theme song, she looks toward the computer, then back toward me as I I whistle along with the theme song. I see her moving her mouth in her attempt to whistle too. I'm looking forward to the day when she whistles for the first time---probably the NP theme song! I love the song! It sounds so peaceful and thoughtful... :D

On a different note, (no pun intended) I have been under the impression that one of Steve's friends from McMinnville, Oregon wrote the NP theme song. It seems like I remember Steve saying that on one of the programs. Also,a Great Commission School graduate from McMinnville, Oregon gave me the name of the brother who supposedly wrote it, so how can it be a Cat Stevens song and also a song written by a brother/friend of Steve's in McMinnville, Oregon? Can someone explain? Thanks for setting me strait...

selah*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Perry

Post by Perry » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:34 pm

selah wrote: Can someone explain? Thanks for setting me strait...

selah*
Cat Stevens does the theme to "The Road to Find Out"... The other guy does the theme to "The Narrow Path"... two different programs.

selah

Post by selah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 am

Perry wrote:
selah wrote: Can someone explain? Thanks for setting me strait...

selah*
Cat Stevens does the theme to "The Road to Find Out"... The other guy does the theme to "The Narrow Path"... two different programs.

Oh :!: :? I thought someone wrote that Cat Stevens did the theme to both programs.

I must have misread the post. Thanks! :)
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Return to “Radio Program Topics”