Is it a sin to not go to church?

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Homer

Re: Is it a sin to not go to church?

Post by Homer » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Michelle,

You ask challenging questions! That is good. You asked:
What would be different if, for instance (and I'm using a true life situation) I was talking with a friend about a life changing decision and said, "let's take it to the Lord and seek His will," but we were just talking,
Now your question will be invading my thoughts. I will have to ponder this some more, but I would say (getting technical here) that by "taking it to the Lord" would be the same as "gathering in (eis: into, toward) Jesus' name.

I have much studying to do, and hopefully will have more on this subject.

God bless, Homer

Priestly1

Re: Is it a sin to not go to church?

Post by Priestly1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Greetings,
I am sorry if my musings offended you Michelle...that was and is not my intention. I was speaking in general terms about a general question with no one..save myself...in mind. Just trying to discuss the question and reasons for and against congregational meetings of the saints.....in any format. If you feel attacked or took my post personally..I am sorry. If You identified with it in any way...that I cannot help....I did not seek to convict you or anyone here..that is God's job. I was just posting to a general question I get from folks all the time........I asked it myself. I meet with Saints in Homes and in Sanctuaries....God is present in Both settings. So take my Mia Culpa as it is.

God's Peace, Mercy, Grace and Love.

Rev. Ken

Return to “Radio Program Topics”