Tuesday Feb 26, 2008

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:33 am

Isn't it true that in Christ there is no condemnation? Why then wouldn't the sentence be eternal life in Him as well?
Yes, it is true. My question to you is, "Are those who sin without repentance 'in Christ'?"

I am not suggesting that a disciple jumps in and out of Christ every time he sins and repents. If he is on the road to completion, he stays on the road. But if he lives in sin without repentance, then he has gotten off the road.

I am not sure about your example of the disciple who commits suicide, but I suspect that prior to the suicide his life was not right before God. For a person trusting completely in God would not commit suicide no matter what the external pressures. Thus it seems likely that one who commits suicide has gotten off the road which leads to life for a time prior to the suicidal act. The act itself is evidence that he had not repented of that condition.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Paidion wrote:
Isn't it true that in Christ there is no condemnation? Why then wouldn't the sentence be eternal life in Him as well?
Yes, it is true. My question to you is, "Are those who sin without repentance 'in Christ'?"

I am not suggesting that a disciple jumps in and out of Christ every time he sins and repents. If he is on the road to completion, he stays on the road. But if he lives in sin without repentance, then he has gotten off the road.

I am not sure about your example of the disciple who commits suicide, but I suspect that prior to the suicide his life was not right before God. For a person trusting completely in God would not commit suicide no matter what the external pressures. Thus it seems likely that one who commits suicide has gotten off the road which leads to life for a time prior to the suicidal act. The act itself is evidence that he had not repented of that condition.
Repentance is of course required and I believe must follow immediately after belief on Christ. I believe we need to constantly repent of new sin in our life and ask forgiveness for such sins if we are aware of them. Likewise we should have buried in baptism the old man of sin and strive to live according to Christ as we are taught, we are not to abide in sin.

Personally I believe it possible that not all who commit suicide are lost. There are just too many circumstances probable that leads me to this opinion.
Reason:

_Allyn

Post by _Allyn » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:11 pm

Thank you Sue. I appreciate your comments as well.
Reason:

Return to “Radio Program Topics”