The Logical Fallacy of Christian Universalism

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
steve7150

Re: The Logical Fallacy of Christian Universalism

Post by steve7150 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:09 am

Universal Redemption has multiple other problems which make it discombobulated. Are you sure you want to go through these Peter?

Breckmin

I certainly would like to hear what you think the multiple other problems are. I have not read the whole thread but i thought the bible said salvation means to be saved from our sins and the wages of sin is death.

steve

Post by steve » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:22 am

Do you see the equivocation here where you switched subjects from "needs to exist in eternity to demonstrate being saved from something REAL"
to "necessary condition for our eternal salvation?" (which is Jesus - or the work Jesus did plus our faith in the work that Jesus did for us)
No, actually, I can't see that this happened in my post. Feel free to enlighten.

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 pm

breckmin wrote:
thrombomodulin wrote:I understand that some here are asserting exactly this - no one at all is saved, rather men are delivered from both sin and a temporary hell.

"no one at all is saved" would be something I would think would be contradictory to historical Christianity and the assertion that we ARE INDEED saved from an opposite condition that will eternally exist in reality***
thrombomodulin wrote:Perhaps you can tell me why it is that those who assert such are necessarily wrong about this.

It is illogical. I will perhaps open up another thread on it at the prompting from your PM.
I do not think you should open a new thread because the above represents the crux of the matter for why some disagree with the argument you presented in the OP. I have taken a little liberty in quoting you above, by removing the parentheses by ***, as your task is exactly what you have said you need to do: to explain why such an idea is illogical.

Namely you need to demonstrate why it would be an error to believe that all men are merely "delivered" (where the opposite is found before, but not in, the eternal state) as opposed to being "saved" (the opposite is found in the eternal state).

Please recognize that in this and the previous reply I have adopted your terminology for the words "delivered" and "saved", which has no necessary resemblance to the way the various biblical authors may have used those same words.

TheEditor

The Logical Fallacy of Christian Universalism

Post by TheEditor » Wed May 28, 2014 11:27 pm

The above appears to be a SPAM ad.... [ed: thanks -removed]
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:28 pm

steve wrote:
Salvation then doesn't mean we are in a better position than others, it means we are in a better position than we would have been without Jesus.
Very well said.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”