Examples of "tounges"

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Paidion

Re: Examples of "tounges"

Post by Paidion » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:26 pm

It seems that not all tongues is speaking to God. On that special day of Pentecost in Acts 2, the apostles were speaking in languages they did not know (or perhaps they were speaking in one language, and the hearers from various locales heard them in their own language. In any case, the tongues or language(s) were God's message to the people.

This can happen in our day, also. One of my sisters who attended a Pentecostal church in a medium-sized city related the following to me:
A man stood up in the church service and began to speak in a tongue. When he finished, he continued standing there while the pastor asked, "Is there an interpreter?" —— Dead silence!—— "All right, Brother," said the pastor, "Sit down. You are out of order." The rest of the meeting went on as usual. When it was over, a Chinese man approached the pastor, and said, "Who is that man who was speaking in Chinese?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"There was a man talking in Chinese. I want to speak with him."

Suddenly the pastor, realized that it was the man he had told to sit down. It seems that he had spoken the gospel in the Chinese language (I don't know which dialect).
The result was that the man who understood Chinese received the message and became a Christian. The pastor apologized to the congregation, saying that he had made a terrible error in judgment, failing to discern the Spirit of God at work.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”