Jesus and the Sabbath in the New Testament

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
dizerner

Re: Jesus and the Sabbath in the New Testament

Post by dizerner » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Scripture alone shows us grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone for God's glory alone! I would say our job is to trust him to do what we cannot do!

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 pm

dizerner wrote:Scripture alone shows us grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone for God's glory alone! I would say our job is to trust him to do what we cannot do!
Is it Biblical to say what God or Jesus can do in and through us?

Often people talk about the work of the Holy Spirit.

There is a difference between coming to Christ and walking in Him or by the Spirit. So to have the Spirit dwelling in you can only mean that you have been born again by the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:4, 9 NASB - 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. ... 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Galatians 5:16, 25 NASB - 16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. ... 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:29 am

The rich young ruler said "all these things have I kept."

What did God say?

"With man this is impossible. But with God—all things are possible."

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:24 am

dizerner wrote:
The rich young ruler said "all these things have I kept."

What did God say?

"With man this is impossible. But with God—all things are possible."
Galatians 2:20 NASB - 20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Return to “Radio Program Topics”