Too intellectual!

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:04 pm

Sometimes a little unfriendly here.
I couldn't disagree more! I have never yet encountered unfriendliness on this forum ---- not even a little.

Of all the Christian forums I have ever been on, this is my favourite.

Other Christian forums which I have experienced, have basically been one of two types. What follows is a description of the most extreme expressions of these types.

I. People of this type are so dogmatic in their views that they castigate anyone who dares to express a different point of view, and they do so with maximum of vitriol and venom.

II. People of this type are so intent on being "nice", that they avoid discussing any controversial topic of import to our walk as disciples of Christ. However, they too, write negatively of anyone who presents an idea which differs from theirs. Sometimes they state that he is an enemy of Christ who is sowing disunity in the body of Christ.

Please understand that many forums whom I would class in one of these two camps are not nearly as extreme as those which I have described above. Indeed, some of them seem nearly respectful. Yet, in each one,
the basic attitude comes out in one way or the other.

This is the first Christian forum I have known which I have not been able to classify as either type I or type II. People who post here are bold in expressing their views as they see them. Yet they are never disrectful to those who differ with them. They seem genuinely interested in learning the truth, searching the scriptures, questioning those with whom they differ, and arguing from the Scriptures for what they believe (in a positive sense. The apostle Paul did this too). These are the kind of people with whom I wish to seek truth and reality.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:55 pm

Paidion,

I do not know if you have been able to hear Steve's program much but I was very impressed, long ago, with how he treated those whose viewpoint differed greatly from his. He has been a good example for all who hear him; this may help explain the tone of this forum.

Homer
Reason:
A Berean

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:42 am

This is an interesting thread!
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”