GODS love!

_moe

GODS love!

Post by _moe » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:56 pm

I've arrived at a conclusion, maybe one of life's rarest finds
that there is not a lot worth salvaging within this heart of mine.
Its ever ready to destruct and lie above all things, it tends to
laugh when I should cry and mourn when it should sing.
I've wasted countless hours begging, "fix this heart, Lord, please!"
while it stomps its feet, demands it way and floods within sin's disease.
At last your able to get through and lay it on the line, "you must give up that heart of yours and trade it in for mine." So I cry with the psalmist,
create within me Lord a new heart crystal clear that only Calvary could afford. A heart which pounds the rhythm of heaven's metronome and issues forth a boundless love and beats for you alone. I want to love that which you love, despising what you hate and see myself as least of these oh Lord, retaliate. The efforts of the evil one who seeks to make my plea
that of his own, "I'll make no move until I've considered me." Peel away my fingers, finally make me usnderstan the power to love and please youcan't be found within a man. So, my Lord, I bring this offering;
a stubborn heart of stone and ask you, in its absence, please it exchange it for your own.

Peace and joy to all,
Maureen
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_glow

moe

Post by _glow » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:19 pm

thank you for that wonderful poem. It especially has hit home to me right now as I have been struggling with certain people in my life right now. It seems like the more I feel I am trying to get my heart right, and share it with others.......... the more I see I am so far away fron HIS perfection in mine.

Thank you SO much and I would appreciate any prayers tonight thrown my way. Glow
Reason:

_moe

God's Love

Post by _moe » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:32 am

Thank you Glow for your reply.
If you would like to correspond on e-mail let me know.

Peace to you,
Maureen
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”