1 Samuel 30:6

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:46 pm

Hope this will be of an encouragement to someone as it has me....

1 Samuel 30:6 please read

comments:

Intense times of aloness with GOD are required.

Not even your intimate spiritual companions are invited to attend some
meetings with GOD! He reserves the right to meet you one-on-one.
The best preparation you will ever receive for your most agonizing trials will be when you are the only student attending class. Have you ever looked around in your most difficult trial and thought, where is everybody?
Sometimes GOD reserves the right to withhold others and pull you aside
with him so you can experience what David did in 1 Samuel 30:6 David found strength in the LORD his GOD.

In Matthew 26:56 All the desciples fled, JESUS alone.

In my life personally I have experienced this pain more than not experiencing it.

Comments appreciated.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:17 am

Sometimes GOD reserves the right to withhold others and pull you aside
with him so you can experience what David did in 1 Samuel 30:6
So, do you think that God does that to orchestrate the time alone with Him? Is it difficult for you to be alone with God at other times, times when you are NOT going through trials?

I do find encouragement in your post since I, too, find strength in the Lord. I don't have much trouble being alone with God, however. Also, during trials I find that I'm closer to God and I'm not too concerned about where anyone else is. I don't know, maybe I'm a little self-absorbed and don't think enough about other people?

Sometimes I do worry because I don't have many conflicts with people. I've heard a lot of preachers say that it could mean that I'm not bold enough in my witness, that the gospel should offend non-believers. I'm afraid that I could be tempted to be irritating just so I could feel more spiritual.

So - there is my comment: Plenty of time alone with God but not so bold at other times.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:28 pm

thank you for your post. You sound alot like me although I must admit
I seem to act like Adam and Eve when I "blow it" I feel ashamed
and must get through condemnation. I am learning more to repent quicker
and fellowship with GOD. Of course those were MY thoughts of 1 Samuel
not biblical I suppose. I like to get up in the morning so I can give GOD first place although naturally sometimes thats not possible. Guess hes always on our minds. I am a very outgoing person but I have not done well with rejection/confrontations and like you feel I dont testify enough.
That is MY perception and perhaps we are way to critical on ourselves.
I am asking the LORDS direction daily so I am placing ALL in HIS hands...

Read galatians 1:1-10

comments:
Few things on earth cause as much unhappiness as trying to win approval and affirmation of people. I have made some very poor choices in life as a result of seeking someone's approval and acceptance....a desire to fit in.
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”