You cant find God!!??

_Legend

You cant find God!!??

Post by _Legend » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:33 pm

This is a portion of an article written by a well known author in my area and my response to it:

The author:
"There are unfortunately a whole lot of people who use phrases each and every day of their life, which if they took the time to stop and analyze them, they'd find to be quite absurd.

The trouble withfar too many of us, from my observations, is that we pick up certain phrase when we are young, and then we continue to use thm as we grow older, without ever stoppint to think about the contents of them, and how really ridiculous they are.

An example of the kinds of ridiculous and nonsensical phrases that I'm talking about here today is ' You need to find God'. Now as we know, the Entity we call God always was, is and will be; and apart from being all powerful and all knowing, is everywhere present at the same time.

So, in a nushelleverywhere right now. So how ridiculous it is to tell someone to find somthin that is literally everywhere...IT IS REALLY ABSURD.

This is surely what The Master Teacher Jesus ' The Christ' meant when he said over two thousand years ago "The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN" and "I and the Father are one". Yes indeed it is! So what this means in effect, is that we are never separate from our source from God for God is WITHIN us at all times."

Heres my response:

"Hello sir while browsing the papers on today I ran across an article written by you. I would just like to take you to task on this issue you wrote about.

First of all I do agree with your opening, as it relates to people uncritically accepting everything they hear and never stop to think.

"You need to find God"
This statement if taken literally like many other statements in the BIBLE, would be obviously absurd. Yes this is in the Bible, in Jeremiah 29:13 the Lord asked his people to seek for Him so that they may find Him. If God is not to be found or cannot be found, as you strongly indicated, why then, God being omniscient, would ask His people to find Him?(Now that would be absurd) Also could it be that why so many people used the phrase is because it is stated in the Bible. Whether they understand it or not is another matter. But one thing for sure, is that accepting it is not absurd! It's just an adoption of the very words from scripture. However, statements of the sort is not to be taken in the literal sense, but is merely stated to send a message. Therefore, it is more the interpretation of the phrase to be understood, rather the letter to be scrutinized. Working on this premise now, we need to look at what is meant from this phrase.

"Seek me and you will find me"
What does it mean to find God? To find God is just a hebraism used to mean to know God. In other words, 'pursue me and you will know me'. Knowing God, therefore requires work. God is not be known casually, he demands that we know Him intimately. Everybody knows that there is a clear distinction between knowing someone and knowing about someone. If God is sought after, He would make Himself known to those that truly desire to know Him. Resulting in finding God...

I am not sure of your background or belief, but I think I could have used the Bible as an authority in my response, seeing that you also did in your article."

God speed

Legend
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Restrained in the body are the wise, in speech also are they wise!!

Return to “Essays and Writings”