"I Have Chosen You"

_gracemonger

"I Have Chosen You"

Post by _gracemonger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm

"I Have Chosen You"

John 15:16

What could be more astounding, amazing, aweinspiring, humbling, and glorious to a hell-deserving, sinful wretch than the assurance of his personal election to salvation by God? Do not talk to me about saved sinners who hate the doctrine of election! No such creatures exist!Find a sinner,I mean a person who knows something of the utter depravity of his heart,his complete spiritual impotence,and his just condemnation.Let that sinner be assured by Christ himself that he is the object of God's everlasting love,infallibly and unconditionally chosen to salvation before the world began, and immutably predestinated to obtain heavenly glory in Christ (Jer.31:3; Eph.2:4-6; II Thess. 2:13; Eph. 1:11; Rom. 8:29-30). Find such a man and you will find a man full of love, gratitude, and praise to God, whose soul is overwhelmed by the realization of God's electing love. Saved sinners bow before God with adoring hearts and cry, "Who am I, O LORD God, that thou hast brought me hitherto?" Humbled at the knowledge of God's election, they cry, "What is thy servant that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?"

Only arrogant, self-righteous men and women, who vainly imagine that they deserve special recognition from God reply against God's electing, distinguishing grace, "That's not right!" Believers always thank God for election (II Thess. 2:13-14).

We know that we would never have chosen Christ. We had no desire for him. Had we a desire for him we had no ability to come to him. We were dead in trespasses and in sins.

Yet, he chose us! He chose us because he loved us. He loved us because he would. Nothing else can be said about it. God's election is a matter of free, unconditional, everlasting grace.

When does the Son of God say to a sinner, "I have chosen you"? As soon as he believes! We make our calling and election sure by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith in Christ is both the fruit and the confirmation of election.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Ely

Post by _Ely » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:11 pm

gracemonger, are you planning on ever getting into any dialogue on these posts of yours?
Reason:
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus" Titus 2:13
www.lasttrumpet.com
www.pfrs.org

_livingink

Post by _livingink » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:24 pm

I'm wondering if the various posts are genuine writings or whether they are items cut and pasted here.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:34 pm

i did an unsuccessful google search of some of the sentences of the postings-- but they ring of a cut and paste from somewhere- perhaps his own writings. i dont want to judge. by all means let us know, gracemonger!

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

Return to “Essays and Writings”