Does Jesus Christ have a God?

_Jesusfollower

Post by _Jesusfollower » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:29 pm

Date: Monday, August 04 @ 12:19:55 EDT
Topic: Jesus

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." This paper was written to show that Jesus himself has a God, just like we do. The Bible speaks for itself.

The purpose behind this document is to show that Jesus himself has a God just like the rest of us. We feel Scripture speaks for itself.

Ephesians 1:17
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
How can Jesus “be God” and “have a God” at the same time?

Revelation 1:6
And has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father-- to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
Revelation 3:12
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.
Even in the book of Revelation (after his death, resurrection, and ascension), when Jesus has all authority in Heaven and on Earth, seated at the right hand of God, he still says “my God.”

1 Peter 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

John 20:17 (NASB)
Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren, and say to them, ‘I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.’”

Romans 15:6
So that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:3
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.
2 Corinthians 11:31 (KJV)
The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

On the Errors of The Trinity

Click here to review this seminar online!

Other great articles related to this topic:

Jesus: God's Right Hand Man

God’s Namesake in Action

TOPIC: Who is Jesus Christ?

Did God Really Forsake Jesus Christ on the Cross?

This article comes from BiblicalUnitarian.com
http://www.BiblicalUnitarian.com

The URL for this story is:
http://www.BiblicalUnitarian.com/module ... cle&sid=28
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:37 pm

Yes, there's no doubt that these scriptures show that Jesus has a God, namely His Father.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Jesusfollower

Post by _Jesusfollower » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:19 pm

And our Father, and our God, and his God.
Reason:

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:28 pm

Did Jesus have a God before "The Word" became flesh and dwelt among us? Have fun :wink: !
Reason:
A Berean

_Jesusfollower

Post by _Jesusfollower » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:56 am

Did any of us have a God before we existed? Have more fun. :wink:
Reason:

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:27 am

Did Jesus have a God before "The Word" became flesh and dwelt among us?
It seems, Homer, that Jesus had a God after He ceased to be mortal flesh and became immortal.

John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:4-6
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:43 pm

Paidion,

When Jesus took on the form of a servant, and came in the likeness of man, He became The Son and remains The Son. God is still His Father.
Reason:
A Berean

_TK

Post by _TK » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:54 pm

In the book of John, Jesus calls God "my father" and also "the father," seemingly interchangeably. i take this as him referring to God as "my" Father due to his status as the Son, but also acknowledging God as "the Father" referencing the father's "position" in the trinity.

i might not be making any sense. but i was noticing this when i was reading from John this morning.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:55 am

Riddle for Jesusfollower:

I came to Oregon from California. I return to California occasionally. I have never been in California. Make any sense?

Have fun! :wink:
Reason:
A Berean

_Jesusfollower

Post by _Jesusfollower » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:00 am

NO! neither does your theology.
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”