Gal 3:19-20 Solved by Shema informed by the deity of Christ

mikew

Re: Gal 3:19-20 Solved by Shema informed by the deity of Christ

Post by mikew » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 pm

dizerner wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:16 pm
Appreciate the help, it's tough to parse all this out.
Lenski's commentary I think was published after his death from his notes, if I remember correctly. His admirers (congregation?) may have published it due to respect for him -- like his ideas or his ministry.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

mikew

Re: Gal 3:19-20 Solved by Shema informed by the deity of Christ

Post by mikew » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:12 pm

darinhouston wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:12 pm
mikew wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:41 pm
just to be clear ... there is no theological problem that i find raised with Paul saying "but God is one." The riddle is in stating that, in the promise between two parties, that a mediator does not intervene for one party. The issue then is how Paul shares that the promise only has one party.
I guess that's not clear - frankly, I don't really understand what you're saying. As a lawyer, well familiar with covenants and promises, it really doesn't seem that difficult to me even though the greek is a bit sparse. But, you keep referring to a riddle. I don't see any riddle here - just something that requires interpretation. [by the way, hundreds of interpretations should speak against anyone with an expansive view of perspicuity]
It gets a bit clumsy to interpret a text as being straightforward when it is a riddle. The recognition of the riddle here was by process of elimination. It was the only thing that made sense of the pieces. Again, the attempt to interpret the text as a directs statement of truth has failed to achieve a consensus.
Now, it would have helped if you mentioned that you would not follow my proposal because you currently are of the belief that the trinity doctrine is not correct. However, the approach I have given may be the only way to make sense of the passage. I will see whether this approach takes hold though.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Return to “Essays and Writings”