Ravi Zacharias Cancer

Homer

Ravi Zacharias Cancer

Post by Homer » Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 am

I just heard Ravi Zacharias Has terminal cancer. Praying and hoping for a miracle! He is a giant, as was Dallas Willard who we lost not so long ago.

RickC

Re: Ravi Zacharias Cancer

Post by RickC » Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 am

Hello Homer.

I recently saw that Ravi is ill. I also recently became familiar with Dallas Willard's teachings (RIP).

(I came to the forum to find some of my old posts).

I hope you and yours are doing well, and prayers for Ravi and his family,
in Jesus' Name,
Amen

3Resurrections

Post by 3Resurrections » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:15 am

If Ravi Zacharias was a giant, then “How are the mighty fallen!”

Christ once said that “there is nothing hidden that shall not be made known.”

If the evidence brought out concerning Ravi Zacharias is credible, (and to date it appears to be), then this “giant” who apparently did not change his practices before he died has done much damage to the cause of Christ.

He could not even be original in his choice of practices. Unfortunately, I myself once sat unknowingly under the “ministry” of one who was traveling the same road as Ravi Zacharias is reputed to have done. By God’s mercy, I was finally able to leave the church body who covered for this “pastor” and was actually supporting his restoration to the position of leading the congregation once again, even after his actions became known to one and all.

The apostle Paul knew things like this were going to develop, and proscribed a remedy in I Tim. 5:19-20. Any errant minister of God was to have two or three witnesses who brought the same accusation. If the leader was proven to have sinned, they were to be “rebuked before all, that others may fear”. Sweeping uncomfortable things under the rug to avoid embarrassing the church’s reputation is NOT an option. True or not, the accusations still need to be addressed.

God save us from wolves in sheep’s clothing.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:15 pm

3Resurrections,

I'm very sorry to hear of your past problem. My wife and I were greatly disappointed to hear about Ravi - he was one of our favorites to listen to.

There is a lesson in this for all of us:

1 Corinthians 10:9-12
New American Standard Bible
9. Nor are we to put the Lord to the test, as some of them did, and were killed by the snakes. 10. Nor grumble, as some of them did, and were killed by the destroyer. 11. Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come. 12.Therefore let the one who thinks he stands watch out that he does not fall.

Is there no temptation that could cause us to fall?

Good article regarding Ravi:

https://sbcvoices.com/the-ravi-zacharias-problem/

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”