End of Religion by Bruxy Cavey

Murf

End of Religion by Bruxy Cavey

Post by Murf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Anyone read this? I'm listening to a podcast about the book but I haven't read the book.

tim

Jepne

Re: End of Religion by Bruxy Cavey

Post by Jepne » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:36 am

He sounds very interesting. I went to Amazon and read the first page of the reviews and ordered the book.

Another book, I am almost finished with it, is The Misunderstood God, published by The Shack's publishers - it is by Darin Hufford. Not real deep and detailed, it has confirmed some things, cleared away some cobwebs, given me some things to think about and raised some good questions. I went to his website after I ordered the book and regretted that I had ordered it, but it has been good.

Thank you for mentioning Cavey's book.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 am

I've been listening to Bruxy's podcasts and have advocated him to friends. Not having read his book, I can only say that he's a very articulate communicator and seems to stress things that were (in my opinion) important to Jesus during his earthly ministry. It's hard for me to listen to most teachers nowadays because of the stress on theological ideas instead of simply teaching people how to do what Jesus said.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm

His "Christmas" sermons from his "Kool-Aid" series a couple of years ago are outstanding.

I've enjoyed listening to the "End of Religion" podcast, too, but haven't in a while. For those not familiar, he and another guy go chapter by chapter and just converse about the subject and go further than the editors would allow, etc.

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”