Questions for Mormons

mkprr

Re: Questions for Mormons

Post by mkprr » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:18 pm

John,

It's awesome to meet an ex-mormon who still loves Jesus Christ and really studies the Bible. I know there are a lot of them out there but all of the ex mormons I know (most of my family growing up has left the church) are either atheist or otherwise disinterested all together in the scriptures. Throwing the baby out with the presumed dirty bathwater I guess.

I hope you'll find time to share about your experience in losing your faith in the LDS church but keeping your faith in Christ and the Bible.

As I participate in the LDS church I see reoccurring evidence that the Church is guided by revelation as it claims to be and I love to fellowship there, it is a humbling experience to be surrounded by so many people who love and do their best to Follow Jesus Christ. I am absolutely convince that the LDS church is full of true followers of Jesus Christ (I am also convinced that many other Christian denominations are full of true followers of Jesus Christ.)

I also have wrestled with many doctrinal and intellectual problems and I don't shy away from anti LDS or anti Christian literature as long as it seems like it has good motives behind it. As I open myself up to these kinds of questions and prayerfully study the scriptures I continue to find meaningful answers to my questions. I am however opened to the idea that I could be wrong and I take people's concerns about the LDS church seriously, especially when I come across concerns that I had never before considered.

I look forward to reading more from you. Do you happen to live in Oregon? I am out of Albany OR.
-mike perry

Return to “Latter Day Saints (aka Mormonism)”