What Documents do Mormons say are sacred and trustworthy?

Jill

Post by Jill » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 am

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SamMcNear

Re: What Documents do Mormons say are sacred and trustworthy?

Post by SamMcNear » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:59 am

Jill,

I still say Truth is simple. Since I have the Holy Spirit inside me following his commandments is EASY! Obedience is EASY! They are not a burden. They are not tiresome. This is one of the ways you will know if you are saved or a true Christian, follower of Christ, "The witness of the Holy Spirit". He being in me makes being obedient easy. The fact that I love Him makes being obedient easy. Love, another one of the 4 tests I put earlier in this post. If a woman was a servant for a man making dinner and cleaning would be work that could be tiresome, burdensome, but that same women can go home and do the same for her husband cooking and cleaning and enjoy it because she loves her husband. The easiness comes with Loving God and having the Holy Spirit living inside. I'll leave it at that for now and comment on your other point’s later because I got to go.

Sam

Jill

Post by Jill » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 pm

SamMcNear

Post by SamMcNear » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:48 pm

Music and Truth are oranges and apples. but if we must why is it that some pick up music almost without even trying? Becuase they have a gift an unexplained talent. This is what God gives us a gift of the Holy Spirit which gives us a gift an unexplained talent to know the truth.

I will continue to say with the Holy Spirit in you truth is easy to know becuase He is truth and will guide you in all truth, etc...

Jill

Post by Jill » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:39 pm

SamMcNear

Post by SamMcNear » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 am

Others may have erroneous beliefs as well that they themselves are not aware of, just by listening to them
I agree! I myself most likely have some believes that I'm not aware of that are wrong. But if someone points them out I no longer have the excuse of ignorance. I need to honestly examine both sides. If I went on a website were other religions discussed issues like this website does and people told me that my belief in Jesus was stupid I would ignore them. BUT if they told me my beliefs were wrong and gave my logical reasons why, I would examine them to see if what they are saying is really true. I would ask friends like Steve Gregg if he ever heard of the argument. If I found they were true in what they said, it wouldn't matter if I was born in a Christian family that were Christians for 50 generations, I would have to follow the truth! I will say that no argument has persuaded me or proven Christ wrong yet. I think none ever will but, if one does then I must and will follow the truth. I have had some beliefs questioned and after deep study I ended up finding that the Bible doesn't teach what I thought it did on that subject. In those cases I didn't have to reject Christianity but just a certain popular or denominational belief.

I to am interested in what others believe that's why I asked the first question on the post. I wanted to understand completely so I could follow the truth.

I pray and hope you keep trying to understand the Bible completely. Sorry for any attacks, I didn't want any of my comments to be attacks, I just wanted to be clear and blunt in my questions so I could get a clear answer back. I just truly don't understand sometimes how people including some LDS can ignore the contradictions in what they believe. When I ask about the contradictions they always say why are you so against what I believe, you are intolerant. But what I truly want is just an explanation of why they think that way. A lot of times people ask me why I think a certain thing and I explain it to show how it does not contradict with the rest of my beliefs. I wish others would do that for me so I may know how what I asked them does not contradict their other beliefs. Maybe I come across to strong.

Anyways keep seeking the truth!

Sam

selah

Post by selah » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Sam wrote:
Yet the witness that teh LDS usually get is that of the spirits of dead relatives or an experience from a LDS sacred location. They get a witness from these things which some say is from God or the Holy Spirit.
What evidence do you have that LDS get a witness from the spirits of dead relatives? Numerous LDS have shared with me for over a couple of decades and I've read a fair amount of their written works, yet have never heard of this.

Thank you,
Selah*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

SamMcNear

Post by SamMcNear » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:41 pm

What evidence do you have that LDS get a witness from the spirits of dead relatives?
My neighbor told me Joseph smith appeared to Him when he visited a monument (Joseph Smith is dead). a Mormon, Elder Oaks said " Many, including some in my own extended family, have seen a departed loved one in vision or personal appearance and have witnessed their restoration in "proper and perfect frame" in the prime of life. Story found on http://newsletters.cephasministry.com/l ... onism.html

Also in the movie the God Makers there is at least one testimony of a dead relative telling someone Mormonism is real.

That is two testimonies I know of right off the top of my head and one I found with a quick web search.

I can find many more I'm sure,

Hope this helps.

Sam

Jill

Post by Jill » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:43 pm

[quote="SamMcNear"]What Documents do Mormons say are sacred and trustworthy? I have seen over and over on this forum that a Mormon won't see a document as truth when it's against Mormonism. I want to know what Documents do Mormons say are sacred and trustworthy? How about the book of Mormanism and the KJV Bible, are they sacred to a Mormon?

-Sam[/quote]

Mormon c350ad, compiled what he must have considered important. Moroni his son, concluded the abridgment with his recollection in the book of Ether which would be of the people of "the brother of Jared", and ends with his own ideas and writings in "the book of moroni". 15 books in all.

The publication of what is known as the book of mormon, for there are now several, has portions of Isaiah, Malachi, and Matthew 5-7 : compared The King James version of The Bible.

kp/.

Jill

Post by Jill » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:48 pm

[quote="Jill"][quote="SamMcNear"]What Documents do Mormons say are sacred and trustworthy? I have seen over and over on this forum that a Mormon won't see a document as truth when it's against Mormonism. I want to know what Documents do Mormons say are sacred and trustworthy? How about the book of Mormanism and the KJV Bible, are they sacred to a Mormon?

-Sam[/quote]

Mormon c350ad, compiled what he must have considered important. Moroni his son, concluded Mormons abridgment with his recollection of what is called the book of Ether which would regarding the people of "the brother of Jared". Moroni then concludes with his own ideas and thoughts in "the book of moroni". The book of mormon - 15 books in all. done.

The publication of what is known as the book of mormon, for there are now several, has portions of Isaiah, Malachi, and Matthew 5-7 : compared The King James version of The Bible.

kp/.[/quote]

Return to “Latter Day Saints (aka Mormonism)”