some missing books of The Bible

Jill

some missing books of The Bible

Post by Jill » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paidion

Re: some missing books of The Bible

Post by Paidion » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:03 pm

The Book of Enoch, and the prophecy which Jude quoted is not missing. This book is extant in our day and Chapter 2 consists of the words which Jude quoted

The only problem is that Jude was in error in writing that it was written by the ancient Enoch (the seventh from Adam). Internal evidence indicates that it was written about 150 B.C.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Jill

Post by Jill » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paidion

Re: some missing books of The Bible

Post by Paidion » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Jill, you can read the book of Enoch online by clicking on the following link. The chapters are very short. You can find the passage quoted in Jude in chapter 1 verse 9. The translation makes it a little different. In the book I have at home, this quote is the whole of chapter 2.

Here is the way the quote reads in my book of Enoch (chapter 2):

"Behold, he comes with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon them, and destroy the wicked, and reprove all the fleshly for everything which the sinful and ungodly have done, and committed against him."

Book of Enoch
Last edited by Paidion on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Latter Day Saints (aka Mormonism)”