How Does YEC Explain The Fossil Record?

mattrose

Re: How Does YEC Explain The Fossil Record?

Post by mattrose » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am

It's not really a subject on my mind right now.... but a quick search did turn up this quote from a message board (obviously not a great source since people like me post on message boards!). In any case, he/she seems to provide a 'source' for their information.
There have been numerous caches of "modern" fossils found, but for various reasons they tend not to make their way into either contemporary news accounts or historical texts. For those debating evolution/creation here, I would remind you that the question is in fact, "why are there no fossils of modern animals in with the dinos?" To specifically address that question, I refer you to an edition of the journal of the Royal Society of London, published in 1893, which details a rather large cache of "modern" fossils (deer, oxen, elephants, hippos) comingled in cave of San Ciro outside Palermo in Sicily. Twenty tons of these fossils are recorded as having been shipped out of the caves and ground up for various commercial purposes and thus lost to the ages. Sadly,neither the historical nor scientific value of these bones was realised at the time. This is hardly the sole example; further similar collections (wolves, bears, horses, oxen) were found throughout England and western Europe in the same time period, similarly recorded, specifically in places such as the Rock of Gibralter and Santenay, near Chalons in central France. The French location herein described is located in caves and fissures 1,000 feet above sea level. Specific English locations include the Channel Islands and Brighton. By the way: The English locations did in fact produce human fossils comingled with mammalian samples, as detailed in the cited publication. Conclude what you will from this, but for those of you who laugh at the idea of researchers ignoring data that does not fit a preconceived theorum, I must ask whether you were aware of this...
Source(s):
Phil. Trans. of the Royal Soc. of Lond., CXXIV (1893), 903-84; SCOT, 238-82.

seer

Post by seer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 am

mattrose wrote:It's not really a subject on my mind right now.... but a quick search did turn up this quote from a message board (obviously not a great source since people like me post on message boards!). In any case, he/she seems to provide a 'source' for their information.
There have been numerous caches of "modern" fossils found, but for various reasons they tend not to make their way into either contemporary news accounts or historical texts. For those debating evolution/creation here, I would remind you that the question is in fact, "why are there no fossils of modern animals in with the dinos?" To specifically address that question, I refer you to an edition of the journal of the Royal Society of London, published in 1893, which details a rather large cache of "modern" fossils (deer, oxen, elephants, hippos) comingled in cave of San Ciro outside Palermo in Sicily. Twenty tons of these fossils are recorded as having been shipped out of the caves and ground up for various commercial purposes and thus lost to the ages. Sadly,neither the historical nor scientific value of these bones was realised at the time. This is hardly the sole example; further similar collections (wolves, bears, horses, oxen) were found throughout England and western Europe in the same time period, similarly recorded, specifically in places such as the Rock of Gibralter and Santenay, near Chalons in central France. The French location herein described is located in caves and fissures 1,000 feet above sea level. Specific English locations include the Channel Islands and Brighton. By the way: The English locations did in fact produce human fossils comingled with mammalian samples, as detailed in the cited publication. Conclude what you will from this, but for those of you who laugh at the idea of researchers ignoring data that does not fit a preconceived theorum, I must ask whether you were aware of this...
Source(s):
Phil. Trans. of the Royal Soc. of Lond., CXXIV (1893), 903-84; SCOT, 238-82.
See, if the above was true then that would go a long way to support a global flood and it would go a long way to undermine the theory of evolution as we know it. But how do we verify these claims?
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:09 am

seer wrote:See, if the above was true then that would go a long way to support a global flood and it would go a long way to undermine the theory of evolution as we know it. But how do we verify these claims?
You might find that journal -- here's a possibly more authoritative or scholarly reference to it...

http://books.google.com/books?id=wYIPAA ... 2.&f=false

seer

Post by seer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:16 pm

darinhouston wrote:
seer wrote:See, if the above was true then that would go a long way to support a global flood and it would go a long way to undermine the theory of evolution as we know it. But how do we verify these claims?
You might find that journal -- here's a possibly more authoritative or scholarly reference to it...
That basically says the same thing that Matt quoted. But no where does it speak of dinosaurs being intermingled with modern animals. Or did I miss something?
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm

According to the article in the link below, "Some of today's species look a lot like their Mesozoic counterparts."
If the Mesozoic mammals look so much like today's species, how can we be so sure they weren't today's species?
Or is it mere presumption that they COULDN'T have been the same mammal types?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

seer

Post by seer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:11 pm

Paidion wrote:According to the article in the link below, "Some of today's species look a lot like their Mesozoic counterparts."
If the Mesozoic mammals look so much like today's species, how can we be so sure they weren't today's species?
Or is it mere presumption that they COULDN'T have been the same mammal types?
Like I said earlier, there certainly are species like the coelacanth that seemed to remain relatively unchanged for millions of years (that in itself seems to speak against the evolutionary paradigm) - so called living fossils. Perhaps there are mammals did not change that much either.

Return to “Creation/Evolution”