Pray for my wife Michelle

Sean

Pray for my wife Michelle

Post by Sean » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Hello all,
My wife has been having stomach issues for a little over a year and while there are times when she gets better, it doesn't last. They are going to do some more tests in February and have so far ruled out several things but still don't know what's going on. She has a bleeding stomach but she doesn't drink or take any medications that would cause this. She has a hard time eating or even drinking water because of this so your prayers are appreciated.

Thanks!
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

TheEditor

Re: Pray for my wife Michelle

Post by TheEditor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Sean,

I would strongly encourage an endoscopic evaluation as soon as possible. My wife had the same problems, until they discovered an ulcer--after it ruptured. She needed emergency surgery. My wife was one of the 10% that got an ulcer from using ibuprofen and not from the heliobactori germ that causes most of them. A bacteria causes the majority of ulcers and you don't need to have a bad diet to get one. Please don't delay as an ounce of prevention is definately worth it.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

dwilkins

Post by dwilkins » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:34 pm

I hesitate to write the following because I'm sure you have or will get all sorts of advice. But, since I personally experienced such a profound impact by following the Dr.'s advice I'm going to take the chance of being annoying. I have had mild upset stomach issues (nothing I could put my finger on) for a long time. On a dare from a friend I picked up a copy of "Wheat Belly" and gave it a shot:

http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose- ... heat+belly

I experienced every one of the benefits (obviously, to varying degrees) that the Dr. who wrote it said would happen. Specifically, my acid reflux and otherwise perpetually, mildly upset stomach got better within a few days. If it turns out that your doctor finds something else wrong, I strongly encourage you to add this program over the top of whatever treatment he performs. I feel significantly better a year after trying to follow the author's advice to avoid wheat products. I feel it profoundly when I cheat.

I hope and pray your doctor is able to successfully diagnose and treat your wife.

Doug

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm sure that dietary factors can and do cause many stomach issues. When Sean posted "bleeding" in his question, this caused a red flag for me. "Bleeding" is not caused by diet. There are only a few conditions that cause bleeding, and the main one is an ulcer. Most ulcers are caused by h. pylori bacteria and can be cured without surgery. I would hate for his wife to wait too long on this.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

RickC

Post by RickC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:01 am

Sean,

I don't post here a lot, but read Active Topics almost daily.

I will pray for your wife (and have). I think I can relate to how she must feel to some extent, as I'm going to possibly be tested for an ulcer myself. (But my problems are relatively minor & I think my doc is just being real cautious. She's a new doctor, etc.).

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 am

Hello everyone and thanks for your prayers! She is feeling a bit better.

As far as everyone's posted concerns I'll give some more information. She has already had an endoscopy and that is how we know her stomach is bleeding. She does not take (for at least some time now) any medication that would normally cause the stomach to bleed. She also has been tested for h. pylori and is negative. She does not drink. She has been tested for small intestine bacterial overgrowth twice and it's negative.

They are going in again to see what her stomach looks like and to implant a device that will track stomach acid levels for several days. This will also tell us if the acid is small intestine bile backing up into her stomach or if it's stomach acid.

The so-called good news is that she is vitamin D deficient. This can cause the very issues she is having and would explain why she was doing better last year until colder weather started and we have been indoors. Since they discovered this she has been taking vitamin D and is now feeling a bit better and is able to eat. My wife was able to talk with someone who's child was also vitamin D deficient and was having problems too. Taking vitamin D has been helping him. Hopefully by the time they do her next endoscopy (in about 2 weeks) her stomach will look better, if indeed the vitamin D deficiency was the cause.
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

RickC

Post by RickC » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:18 pm

It sounds like a hopeful outcome (I hope)! From different stuff I hear & read, I hear Vit D Deficiency is somewhat common. (I, myself, drink *so* much milk, it couldn't happen). 'Will continue praying & let us know how it goes! God bless yous, Sean! :)

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Sean wrote:She is feeling a bit better.
I'm glad to hear it. You know we'll continue praying for more improvement. :)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Taking vitamins has brought dramatic changes in my health and balance to my mental state as well! Bless you!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”