Prayer request for friends.

john6809

Prayer request for friends.

Post by john6809 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi all,

I would appreciate your prayers for my friend's family. They just discovered today that their fourteen year old daughter has a mass in her face. They also found a lymph gland that has a mass. At this point, they don't even know if it is malignant of benign. They are bringing her to a children's hospital, four hours away, tomorrow where they will perform a biopsy followed (most likely) by surgery to remove the mass. The risk of a catastrophic bleed during surgery is significant. Please remember this family in prayer if you are able.

Thanks, John
"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." - John Newton

Mitzi

Re: Prayer request for friends.

Post by Mitzi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi, I know it's a month later but I just read this post. How is she doing? I'll pray for her tonight.

God bless

john6809

Post by john6809 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Mitzi,

She was diagnosed with Burkitt's, a very fast growing cancer. They removed about 1/3rd of the mass. She just finished her 3rd round of chemo and is quite sick. They give her close to a week long recovery time between treatments rounds. Her hair is falling out and she is having all the usual side effects. The good news is that the cancer is responding very well and her prognosis is excellent. The tumor has shrunk significantly and she is able to breathe through her nose again. It's going to be a long six months for her. The family is grateful for all the prayer and support they have received.

Thanks for asking and for your prayers.
"My memory is nearly gone; but I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior." - John Newton

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank you John and Mitzi,

I will definitely keep her in my prayers. God bless!

Return to “Prayer, Praise & Testimonies”