Sin against the body

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: Sin against the body

Post by backwoodsman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:44 pm

RoyHobs wrote:I was thinking about posting some other topics, but may rethink that based on the level of maturity here witnessed.
That's a good choice; the kind of interaction you seem to want really isn't suited to a discussion forum, and particularly not to this one. I think you'll find you're much happier if you stick to your blog and avoid discussion forums.

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:48 pm

RoyHobs wrote:
jaydam wrote:simply espouse your belief on your pet issue
Cute.

I like how men here presume to know me. Is not this particular part of the forum under the title, "marriage and divorce".
You began this entire thread with this thought: "Question -- is it a sin against the body to have sex with a virgin? You can draw your own conclusions."

A question and an invitation to draw our own conclusions, along with an implied invitation to then discuss the matter. This is a bait and switch because in reality your agenda is to declare your already made up mind and support the offered article which equates us in disagreement with you as uncaring about scripture, and I believe there was even a comment that if we do not teach as you do on the matter of intercourse = marriage, then that it is the spirit of antichrist.

I admit, I was one of the first posters to walk into your bait. I would likely have not have engaged if you had opened with an honest:

Intercourse = marriage and I am here to die on this hill, come argue in futility with me if you want.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:00 am

Steve wrote:
I thought you were intending to say, "I know you may not like me that much,"

Thank you for correcting me.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:04 am

Michelle wrote:Okay, so you don't like me, but it's mild.
Michelle...

This is not true even in the slightest. I'm sorry......and surprised it was interpreted this way.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:10 am

backwoodsman wrote: I think you'll find you're much happier
How do you know if I am 'happy' or not. Interesting how men here presume to know me.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:13 am

RoyHobs wrote:
Michelle wrote:Okay, so you don't like me, but it's mild.
Michelle...

This is not true even in the slightest. I'm sorry......and surprised it was interpreted this way.
Thanks you, RoyHobs, for this your second apology. I appreciate the fact that you are quick to offer your regret.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 am

Michelle wrote: appreciate the fact that you are quick to offer your regret.
Understand that my 'regret' was not necessarily what I said. My regret was that it was "misinterpreted". I should have been more clear -- leaving no room for misinterpretation.

I was glad that you wanted to ask me questions. Had we been face to face, my comment would have been revealed in my body language.

Please ask me anything you would like.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:56 am

StevenD

I copied and paste your last comment and created a new Post under the Category -- Anthropology.

Hope to see you there.

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:09 am

StevenD,

Not to beat a dead horse..........I get you are "unpersuaded".

This is an article written by Edward Ridenhauer -- God told Hosea to do what?

http://blogs.christianpost.com/marriage ... what-4672/

Here is an excerpt I thought interesting which has parallels to Rahab's occupation. Just one more angle:

Secondly, to think that God would command Hosea to commit an abominable act of fornication by being sexually intimate with a prostitute is ridiculous. Only those who: 1) Have no respect for God's holy and righteous character, i.e., "...to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither come it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin" (Jeremiah 32:35, KJV) and "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man" (James 1:13); 2) have no respect and knowledge to how horrific the sinful act of fornication is bodily and as idolatry could presume such an atrocity.

Should we believe that God would force a holy man into committing this abomination with a prostitute, which is fornication, for the purpose of reproving the abominations of others? How could Hosea be the instrument for exposing and condemning the sin of Israel when He would be just as guilty as they? Where is the wisdom in this, as the means for Israel to change?

For God to demand this defiling act from Hosea would have been the most unrighteous thing for a righteous God to do. The holy prophet wouldn't be so holy any longer, and would be just as worthy of condemnation. I ask... would the church be so ready to accept God commanding a prophet to commit homosexuality, instead of adultery, for the purpose of instruction? I don't believe so! I would hope not!

The reason I made the claim as I just did is because Gomer was not a prostitute when Hosea married her. The book of Hosea itself makes this fact very clear for these reasons:

RoyHobs

Post by RoyHobs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:27 am

For anyone interested...........a different analysis of the woman at the well --

http://blogs.christianpost.com/marriage ... sed-12616/

Return to “Marriage & Divorce”